Hello All,

I was hoping some of you guys could lend a little help and advice on some issues that I'm having with a new to me quick turn 15 lathe circa 1989 equipped with a t32-2 control.

I have re initiated the control due to the back up battery going dead from it not being under power, and I cannot start the spindle in manual, I can press and hold the jog button and the spindle will start and turn, but it will not start in manual or auto, the machine gives a "250 spindle start miss-operation" alarm, the machine has had the proximity switches on the hydraulic closer removed, and I'm assuming bypassed, but i am unsure of where to look to see if the machine is looking for signal from the proximity switches or if they are indeed bypassed. the machine also will randomly throw a "15 system malfunction" alarm and will also randomly allow the axis's to move and sometimes wont, the numbers will change on the screen, but the axis's will not move, however no alarm pertaining to the axis's is present at anytime the z axis drive, however, will sometimes read "00" when it won't move, the spindle drive also always reads "r 0' during this all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Andy R.