584,841 active members*
4,351 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

how to choose new plasma torch?

Hi,

I am new with cnc plasma. Trying to learn everyday. I got old plasma source Power plasma 2 https://www.serpantinas.com/uploads/...plasma_2_e.pdf it is with hand torch witch i am attaching to my cnc plasma table. But i cant get clean cut with it. I am planing to buy new mechanized plasma torch and wondering what is the difference between hand and mechanized torch. Will it help me to get more clean cuts? What should i no before choosing new torch? Maybe somebody who have more experience can help me with advices.

Re: how to choose new plasma torch?

Is there any difference between had torch and mechanized? Does it effect cut cleanliness?

The only difference that I know of is the manual handle is angled, and the machine torch is straight. The real difference for cut quality in is the different available consumables and nozzle assembly.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    The only difference that I know of is the manual handle is angled, and the machine torch is straight. The real difference for cut quality in is the different available consumables and nozzle assembly.
    Plus because of the higher duty cycle of cnc cutting, often the machine torch might be rated for higher current. eg. 70 amps vs 50 amps

But if you have an old machine with an old,torch which may be obsolete technology, you may not have such a simple upgrade path as changing a torch... Today's technology is better...
    Rod Webster
    www.vehiclemods.net.au

i am looking for plasma cutter. Thinking to buy something like this https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...62556d2eL8EN9P
    maybe somebody have experience with similar cutter and could help me to choose one?

Have you considered Chinese machines? We are a professional manufacturer of plasma cutting machines. If you are interested, you can take a look at our products and hope it will help you: https://forsuncnc.com/cnc-plasma-cutter/