585,975 active members*
5,135 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Tool chuck and spindle orientation not working. #FANUC SERIES 21i-M

Tool chuck and spindle orientation not working. #FANUC SERIES 21i-M

There's no alarm in display and spindle drive unit. But when I press ATC the button only blinks but tool chuck doesn't move.
    And when I press spindle orientation button it shows alarm '2002 tool clamp unconfirmed'.Plzzzzz help me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16068175447556998966471642298832.jpg   16068175769352697011775631213774.jpg  

Re: Tool chuck and spindle orientation not working. #FANUC SERIES 21i-M

you have a sensor that confirms the tool is clamped
    open the cover from spindle and check that sensor must be on when the tool is clamped.

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    you have a sensor that confirms the tool is clamped
    open the cover from spindle and check that sensor must be on when the tool is clamped.
    Thanks for your information. But I checked the sensors it works. But tool chuck motor and spindle motor not working. And there is no alarm on the screen. I attached photos of that.

Re: Tool chuck and spindle orientation not working. #FANUC SERIES 21i-M

FIRST CHECK OUTPUT FOR TOOL CLAMP, IF IT IS ON, THEN CHECK THE TOOL CLAMP SOLENOID FOR PROPER OPERATION, COULD BE BREAKER OR FUSE IF IT HAS ONE OR HYDRAULIC PROBLEM. TRY TO MANUALLY ACTIVATE THE VALVE TO SEE IF IT IS STUCK. IF THE 'Y' OUTPUT IS OFF, GO TO LADDER AND SEE WHY. COULD BE BOTH CLAMP AND UNCLAMP SWITCHES ARE ON, SO YOU WOULD HAVE A FAULTY UNCLAMP SWITCH STAYING ON ALL THE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by spark-el View Post
    FIRST CHECK OUTPUT FOR TOOL CLAMP, IF IT IS ON, THEN CHECK THE TOOL CLAMP SOLENOID FOR PROPER OPERATION, COULD BE BREAKER OR FUSE IF IT HAS ONE OR HYDRAULIC PROBLEM. TRY TO MANUALLY ACTIVATE THE VALVE TO SEE IF IT IS STUCK. IF THE 'Y' OUTPUT IS OFF, GO TO LADDER AND SEE WHY. COULD BE BOTH CLAMP AND UNCLAMP SWITCHES ARE ON, SO YOU WOULD HAVE A FAULTY UNCLAMP SWITCH STAYING ON ALL THE TIME.
    Thanks for your reply. I checked the solenoid it's working. But when I turned the machine power on it's on unclamp position but it should be in clamp position. I think there must be some parameters problem.