585,660 active members*
3,160 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile

New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile

I NEED HELP.

im going from 3d printing to CNC Machining and i've never seen a cnc machine before.so im a NOOB.

currently i have mach4 installed and communicating with ESSMB3. and i can send commands via mach4 for spindle start and i get 0-10v on AG-AO pins.And I have MB3 PROFILE LOADED TO it.i did not program new profile. when i start spindle relay Y101 turns red but i dont know where to plug this into VFD. And if i go into PINS CONFIG i can see SPINDLE, NO3 Relay3 but i dont understand where the wire goes to vfd.

and my main problem is determining where the wires go for the spindle and getting it to work properly.
    1. So my spindle is 3phase and i have this wired to breaker box,to vfd, and to motor and there is a electric break device connected to vfd. this part is done.

1)But spindle is water cooled and has a 24v temp sensor in it. i was going to purchase a water chiller for this spindle and was wondering if it connects to the chiller or ESSMB3 or managed by another device.
    2)Spindle also needs oil https://www.neobits.com/kbc_tools_1_...6.html?atc=gbs
    and i would need to connect this as well
    3)Spindle also has a ATC and another airport for blast of air threw spindle to blow off debris that might be on toolholder. and i purchased a 2 Position 5 Way 6 Pneumatic Solenoid Valve w Base to control all this stuff.
    4)I was going to get a fog buster as well.

Attachment 2 is the manual for vfd

HONESTLY
    I think i went a little overboard with this project but i really need a cnc. HAAS turned me down so i got a idea and jumped in. i changed a control board on a 3d printer and it took 2 months to figure that mess out. and this is way more involved and the build still has a long way to go. So any help would be appreciated. And if anyone wants to mentor me for this project i would very much appreciate it. and we could work something out for compensation.

thanks for any and all help!

Re: New CNC BUILD wiring help from essmb3 to spindle mach4 mb3 profile

Look in your VFD Manual to find the terminals that need to be shorted by the relay on your MB3.
    We don't know which VFD your using so you need to have a look in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhimotors View Post
    I NEED HELP.

im going from 3d printing to CNC Machining and i've never seen a cnc machine before.so im a NOOB.

currently i have mach4 installed and communicating with ESSMB3. and i can send commands via mach4 for spindle start and i get 0-10v on AG-AO pins.And I have MB3 PROFILE LOADED TO it.i did not program new profile. when i start spindle relay Y101 turns red but i dont know where to plug this into VFD. And if i go into PINS CONFIG i can see SPINDLE, NO3 Relay3 but i dont understand where the wire goes to vfd.

and my main problem is determining where the wires go for the spindle and getting it to work properly.
    1. So my spindle is 3phase and i have this wired to breaker box,to vfd, and to motor and there is a electric break device connected to vfd. this part is done.

1)But spindle is water cooled and has a 24v temp sensor in it. i was going to purchase a water chiller for this spindle and was wondering if it connects to the chiller or ESSMB3 or managed by another device.
    2)Spindle also needs oil https://www.neobits.com/kbc_tools_1_...6.html?atc=gbs
    and i would need to connect this as well
    3)Spindle also has a ATC and another airport for blast of air threw spindle to blow off debris that might be on toolholder. and i purchased a 2 Position 5 Way 6 Pneumatic Solenoid Valve w Base to control all this stuff.
    4)I was going to get a fog buster as well.

Attachment 2 is the manual for vfd

HONESTLY
    I think i went a little overboard with this project but i really need a cnc. HAAS turned me down so i got a idea and jumped in. i changed a control board on a 3d printer and it took 2 months to figure that mess out. and this is way more involved and the build still has a long way to go. So any help would be appreciated. And if anyone wants to mentor me for this project i would very much appreciate it. and we could work something out for compensation.

thanks for any and all help!
    Your spindle won't start unless all the prox switches are connected it will have a safety Prox switch that will have to be in a safe mode before it can run, and yes you will need to connect the FWD run relay also to the Drive you have which it seems to be a Servo motor type Drive but can't see by the photo you have, need to know what the Drive spec's are
    Mactec54

I found the manual for this vfd

And do I have to connect limit switches before spindle will spin

And do I have to connect limit switches before spindle will spin
    You will have to see what your spindle requires most ATC spindles have some proximity switches that require to be active before the spindle will run, you would have to see the spindle wiring requirement's if this is needed or not, and to where you would wire them your drive is a cross between a VFD Drive and a Servo Drive, it is closer to a Servo Drive than a VFD Drive
    Mactec54

thank you for your response. i was just looking at the manual for the driver but its showing all the electrical symbols i dont understand and im not sure witch of the wiring smybols to follow cause some look like they may be from plc. plus it looks like it may need a 24v power supply but not to exceed 100ma. and 100ma is very low.

is there a way to PAY someone to write a simple diagram i can read like connect AG~GND &AO~AI1

a basic drawing would be worth $500 to me just for
    VFD
    e stop
    and ON/OFF FOGGER witch i believe would be a signal wire to a relay then I have a 2 Position 5 Way Pneumatic Solenoid Valve w Base that would start the fogger
    end stops or limit switches i bought 6 +/- on each axis
    motion motors i will yous clearpath and i think i can hook those up with out diagram
    and any instruction to change some settings in mach4 that i would have to do. i have MB3 profile installed know.

this would be great start !

and would pay extra for the ability to control the CHILLER for water cooling and the spindle needs a OILER and how to connect a TOUCH PROBE and set it up.

i have all docs from manufacturer

thank you for your response. i was just looking at the manual for the driver but its showing all the electrical symbols i dont understand and im not sure witch of the wiring smybols to follow cause some look like they may be from plc. plus it looks like it may need a 24v power supply but not to exceed 100ma. and 100ma is very low.

is there a way to PAY someone to write a simple diagram i can read like connect AG~GND &AO~AI1

a basic drawing would be worth $500 to me just for
    VFD
    e stop
    and ON/OFF FOGGER witch i believe would be a signal wire to a relay then I have a 2 Position 5 Way Pneumatic Solenoid Valve w Base that would start the fogger
    end stops or limit switches i bought 6 +/- on each axis
    motion motors i will yous clearpath and i think i can hook those up with out diagram
    and any instruction to change some settings in mach4 that i would have to do. i have MB3 profile installed know.

this would be great start !

and would pay extra for the ability to control the CHILLER for water cooling and the spindle needs a OILER and how to connect a TOUCH PROBE and set it up.

i have all docs from manufacturer
    To make it easy I would make a list of all the things you need to do and then talk to The manufacture of the MB3 Breakout Board I'm sure they would give you a detailed schematic of how to wire everything up

Most of what you need to use are outputs, then configuring the software check boxes to suit each output ( there will be some Inputs needed as well these will be the Proximity switches mostly )

So make a list of all the things you have to do and one by one complete each connection

Your spindle drive has ( 2 ) Relays that you could use to turn On / Off the Oiler and the Cooling Pump so this makes that part quite easy

So check the amperage of the Oiler and the Cooling Pump if they are over 2 Amps then you will need a Relay between the Spindle Motor Drive, so check the Amperage of the chiller and pump and the Oiler as this is an easy connection and does not need to be connected to the Breakout Board

These ( 2 ) connections oiler and cooling may be able to be controlled by the Spindle Drive
    Mactec54

thanks for you for help

im going to work on a list and diagram of component and connections to visually simplify everything . i will post it when im don.

also when you where in vfd manual do i hook the temp sensor wires to the vfd somehow

actually there is no temp sensor, because there are no white wires