585,956 active members*
4,365 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc T10 Control won't operate at all

Fanuc T10 Control won't operate at all

I have a vertical lathe with a 10T control. Nothing will operate. It has the check system label error displayed. I have looked at other posts with this problem. Mine seems to be a litte deeper. There are no soft screen displays at bottem of screen. I have cleaned the contacs and verified voltage. 5 volt logic level? None of the buttons do anything. I have a pretty complete set of electrical drawings for the controls, but nothing on the soft keys. I have all the 24v dc active. The only light present on the control panel is high gear. As near as I can tell I cannot delete anything without the soft keys functioning? mother board says 0 on code. IFO1A module has led lit for 010123. PT01A module has no led lit. Any guidance appreciated.
    Thanks
    Scott

Re: Fanuc T10 Control won't operate at all

You have lost the "SYSTEM LABEL". That has to be regenerated by entering data in a specific way.Do you have backup of the NC and the PMC parameters?

I have a written back up of the parameters. I do not know what you mean by numerical control?
    Thanks

It seems that you lost all options parameters and maybe the rest of them are intact To try to get them safely, do not select any option from the option 1 to 6 on first picture you attached, instead type 99 then hit "Enter", it will ask you to type how many axes you have then it will ask you to put a number that will correspond to option 9100 to 9132 or so, you can put zeros for all options if you do not have a backup of mentioned parameters, if you do so enter them so parameter 9100 corresponds to parameter 01 and so on, and then it will ask you to generate a system label and you will select yes, once this is done it will get you back to the menu option 1 to 6 from which you will select 6, and if your parameters are not lost you will get a screen with a error message instead of screen you posted, then you go to back up all parameters from machine, specially PCM Keeprelays timers counters etc.

Do not select any option from 1 to 5 since if you have not lost parameters they will be erased.

Good day.

If all parameters are intact and you do not have parameters 9100 to 9132 usually you can get the standard default values from your machine manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pancheau View Post
    I have a vertical lathe with a 10T control. Nothing will operate. It has the check system label error displayed. I have looked at other posts with this problem. Mine seems to be a litte deeper. There are no soft screen displays at bottem of screen. I have cleaned the contacs and verified voltage. 5 volt logic level? None of the buttons do anything. I have a pretty complete set of electrical drawings for the controls, but nothing on the soft keys. I have all the 24v dc active. The only light present on the control panel is high gear. As near as I can tell I cannot delete anything without the soft keys functioning? mother board says 0 on code. IFO1A module has led lit for 010123. PT01A module has no led lit. Any guidance appreciated.
    Thanks
    Scott

10T control is too old now, it is not worth repairing, better change a new controller.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Thanks
    Scott
    The "0" on the main board means you are on IPL mode, the mode shown on your screen, so maybe your main board is fully functional, besides parameters, one thing to notice is that if you do not input the right parameters for options #9100 - 9032 you will get a "watchdog error" not meaning your main board is bad, it has just lost parameters, once entered it will disappear.

Also you may get Zero return error, just do a zero return on al axis and it will disappear.

Good Day.

I am not sure what you mean by parameter 9100 corresponding to parameter 1 ?
    Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    Scott
    Hello:
    "Check system label" means that you lost all memory.
    You must clear memory and then enter the parameters that you have from the Machine tool builder.

Regards

Alex Fanuc

Please PM me.