585,766 active members*
4,548 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Chinese VFD mains power wiring

Threaded View

Chinese VFD mains power wiring

Hello,

I have made a mistake and cheaped out on the inverter. Now I am trying to wire it and it is not clear where should I put earth from the wall plug and where should I put the earth from the spindle.

The model number of the vfd is A2-8022 and it is made by Isacon Power Control Tech.
    I have 7 port on the spindle, 3 (RST), there is a green sign in the middle that I think maybe the earth, and there is UVW on the right side. In the manual it is written that for one phase 220 V I should connect R and T as it is seen in the picture. As i know UVW is for the 3 phase of the spindle, but I am not sure about the earth.

Should I connect both earth wire to that terminal?

I read different opinions on the earth wiring on these machines, like it is not necessary to connect earth for the spindle and it could cause a loop if I would connect the machine to earth, but I do not think that would happen.
    Also somebody mnetioned that if I do not connect the spindle to earth it could lead to its failure.
    Anyway I am just a hobbyist in low voltage so I am not sure, but I would connect everything to earth if it does not cause any toruble.

The way I want to do it, is that I would use use 1 wire from the wall to power everything, I would make an earth block in the electrical cabinet and connect everything to it(VFD,spindle, power supplies, the frame and the cabinet). Is that a good solution or is there something wrong with it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD.jpg