I remember issues coming up about limit switches in the past, and searched to see if I am currently having an issue that has come up before for anyone. This appears similar, but not the same. Or, at least I don't understand what is happening.

I was on PP 2.6.0 and not having any problems until a few hours ago, I needed to work on the far right end of the table (table slid completely to the left). The limit tripped, and I could not back away from it. So, I disabled the limits, jogged away, and then reenabled the limit switches. Of course, I had to try again, and the same thing. I shutdown and rebooted the controller. Still the same thing on the X-axis. Y and Z still let me back away from the limit switch when tripped. Pushing the X limit switch by hand lights up the light in PP, and stops motion, and it works on the other end of the x-axis travel, so it doesn't seem like a bad x-axis switch.

I haven't had any problems with the switches before. I haven't used flood coolant for years, so it doesn't sound or act like a shorted or fouled switch like someone else experienced.

I then updated to 2.7.1, thinking maybe it was only a software bug. It does the same thing in 2.7.1. Moving to the left end of the table (table moved far right), it hits the limit, and I can back off the switch and go about my work. At the right end it doesn't do that. I am thinking it must be something really simple and obvious, but I cannot figure this out. Does anyone have suggestions or advice on what the problem could be or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Rob