585,605 active members*
3,358 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Small Mill Part/Project/Thing Showcase

Small Mill Part/Project/Thing Showcase

I thought it might be interesting to see pictures posted of what things, projects, and parts people have created with their small mills, and CNC'ed mills.

Ordinary parts are fine, but the more intricate and strange--the better, and please tell us what it is, and perhaps a short description of how it was made.

Please don't post any trade-secret thing that you are going to want to get a patent on later.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaEM View Post
    I thought it might be interesting to see pictures posted of what things, projects, and parts people have created with their small mills, and CNC'ed mills....[/I]
    Are you restricting it to small and/or CNC'd mills or are us commercial money hungry capitalists with big machines also allowed to show small parts?
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Well, seeing that it was posted in Benchtop mills, perhaps it should stay centered around benchtop mills.

Of course that's a cop-out, and to be honest, I am curious on what people are making at home, small shops, and garages with...yes, benchtop mills.

Ok I will start the pics off.

Earring tree for my girlfriend's jewellery collection:

Polished brass pendant made from scan data of a fossil lungfish toothplate (shrunk in size).

Series of steam engine axle box covers for a model South African locomotive:

Bearing blocks for my 1/8th scale RC desert buggy project car. (These were bored accurately on a benchtop lathe, not in mill):

All of these parts were produced on my DIY converted CNC X2.

A couple more RC related.

Custom double wishbone suspension conversion:

Custom suspension arms for the XRay T1FK05 touring car:

Articulating Head for the X2.
    Fanciest thing I've made so far on it.
    Hoss
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0454_800x600.jpg   IMG_0489_800x600.jpg   IMG_0490_800x600.jpg   IMG_0635_800x600.jpg