584,861 active members*
4,827 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > PlanetCNC > Machine 3D Display is not working anmore since update

Machine 3D Display is not working anmore since update

Since one of the latest updates, the machine Simulation isn't displayed anymore and i was not able to make it work again in the current version of tng.

Even the shipped example profile does not display a 3D Machine.
    Did I miss something? I have seen that the Machine 3D file is now named 3DModel.txt instead 3DObj.txt, but changig that does not help.

Re: Machine 3D Display is not working anmore since update

3d visualization was redesigned. It is much better now. Documentation will be available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    3d visualization was redesigned. It is much better now. Documentation will be available soon.
    And what do I do until then???? It is not working right now and those kind of breaking working functions without any notice and adding new things without any documentation makes it hard for me to rdecide whether updating or not.. It has been so many times that a working system was broken because of changes without any notice. This time it is just the display. But that means I can not edit my scripts because I can not simulate it. Last time it was reversing all external inputs...

Could you describe changes in more detail especially if they are affecting currently used functions? And please, add at least the documentation for changed or new features with the update. I totally understand that documentation problem because I am a software develloper too and i have also many undocumented features in my erp system. But the newly added features and especially those whou are not intuitive to find out should have some basic docu just at release.

These 3d display options were experimental and not official. They were never documented. All that it ever was was a glimpse of future.

Now they are implemented proper, like they should be. Full documentation with working examples will be available when feature becomes official.

You can not call this breaking functionality.