I have a Mill Turn I bought in 2016. It's never been "true" and always skipped steps so it's just been collecting dust. I finally decided to see what I could do with it. I've bought hybrid servos and Acorn controls to upgrade it but decided to figure ought what's going on with the table first.
"
If I put a dial indicator in the spindle and move the table around I get variations in height up to .032". Attached is a picture of the measurements around the table. I removed the table, cleaned the ways and adjusted the gibbs. The table "sags in the middle from left to right. When moving the table toward me in the Y direction, the back left corner actually raises up off the way. I initially thought I just needed to have the table ground flat. But, after taking these readings, it appears the whole table is warped. When I bought the machine, I communicated with JT. I knew it wasn't dead on but hadn't done the measurements to know just how bad it was. JT seemed to imply he thought it would be OK.

I removed the table to indicate the ways, but since they don't move in and out, I could only get a reading across the middle with what I had to work with. It was about .003 different but I don't know if they are actually parallel.

Has anyone dealt with this problem or have any ideas? What should I expect from a machine of this price point?

Thanks for any help.