Hello, I have the chance to buy this machine for $1500. The owner is getting a divorce and he’s done messing with the machine and needs it gone. He had the servos checked out snd had a “amplifier rebuilt. It comes with two “Like new” Kurt vices, about 20 C40 holders, flood coolant tank and pump, 20 tool changer. It stopped running and a company was helping him fix it, and then the company just disappeared.

I’ve been looking at buying a Precision Mathews mill and gutting it, installing ball screws, servos and drivers, a new 3 phase motor with VFD and a Centriod Acorn board. Would l be better off to buy this, remove all the current servos and boards in the cabinet, and retrofit the machine with a Centroid Oak board with new servos and drivers? I don’t have 3 phase in my shop, so I would also need to replace the motor with a 5-7.5 motor driven by a VFD or install a ATC powered spindle. I could then sell off all the parts I remove and cover a lot of my retrofitting cost.

It currently has Yasaka Servos and drives and they could be interfaces with the Oak board because it supports the servos.
I don’t plan on doing any heavy machining, just gun parts and milling slides with raptor cuts and cutting sight dovetails. I know this is a big machine, but I’d be about the same money and have a sturdy machine that would be better than a import frame that would need epoxy granite and all the other work.
Please give me your thoughts.