585,996 active members*
4,679 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

3 phase supply

Hi

Im looking for some advice on powering my three phase cnc . I am moving to a place without 3 phase and thought that if I bought a 3 phase rotary convertor I would be good to go. Wrong. Apparantly because my cnc has inverters in it I cant use a 3 phase convertor. Ive asked quite a few people and they all tell me the same so is a diesel generator my only option.

Cheers

Steve

Re: 3 phase supply

Quote Originally Posted by Labusch View Post
    Hi

Im looking for some advice on powering my three phase cnc . I am moving to a place without 3 phase and thought that if I bought a 3 phase rotary convertor I would be good to go. Wrong. Apparantly because my cnc has inverters in it I cant use a 3 phase convertor. Ive asked quite a few people and they all tell me the same so is a diesel generator my only option.

Cheers

Steve
    If it is three phase cnc, why the inverter in it can't use a 3 phase convertor?
    What phase the inverter is using now in your current location?
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Quote Originally Posted by cncmakers001 View Post
    If it is three phase cnc, why the inverter in it can't use a 3 phase convertor?
    What phase the inverter is using now in your current location?
    At the moment it is running off 3 phase main supply. Apparantly( and Ive talked to several people) the cnc wont run from a converter because of the inverters inside running the 2 spindles.

At the moment it is running off 3 phase main supply. Apparantly( and Ive talked to several people) the cnc wont run from a converter because of the inverters inside running the 2 spindles.
    That would be strange a RPC does not normally affect the VFD Drives unless you have a supply voltage problem like over voltage or under voltage RPC are never ideal Phase Perfect which is solid state 3 Phase control if you have something like this in the UK would be your best bet check this company out they may be able to help you

https://www.phasetechnologies.com/phase-conversion
    Mactec54

A rethink what size are the spindles motors Hp as you may be able to run the whole machine on single phase if you have a good supply
    Mactec54