584,858 active members*
4,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinese Waterjets?

Hi,

I'm trying to look at options for different waterjet solutions. Been trying to comb thru the forum to get more info about different companies but I haven't had a lot of luck. Seems like Omax is good but expensive.

We mostly do one offs for prototyping but we go thru a lot of iterations to get things right. I'm thinking about getting a chinese waterjet but I've seen some horror stories and I don't wanna get into a bad situation. Does anyone have any recommendations for waterjets on the cheap? We were looking at stuff from Head Waterjet but I can't find anybody who has bought one.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by rjlrjl View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to look at options for different waterjet solutions. Been trying to comb thru the forum to get more info about different companies but I haven't had a lot of luck. Seems like Omax is good but expensive.

We mostly do one offs for prototyping but we go thru a lot of iterations to get things right. I'm thinking about getting a chinese waterjet but I've seen some horror stories and I don't wanna get into a bad situation. Does anyone have any recommendations for waterjets on the cheap? We were looking at stuff from Head Waterjet but I can't find anybody who has bought one.

Hi there

I would strongly advise against purchasing a Chinese water jet, you will have nothing but problems and zero technical support. Omax waterjets are on the expensive side but you do get what you pay for. Omax technical support is fantastic and the systems are robust and the most accurate waterjet on the market. They offer free technical support and software upgrades for life

Re: Chinese Waterjets?

What kind of problems? Zero technical support is to be expected, but at the end of the day we don't have a lot of volume. If the machine works for cutting profiles in 1/2" aluminum that would be enough. For us, it all comes down to keeping within our budget.

Re: Chinese Waterjets?

What size cutting bed do you need? That can make a difference and perhaps the smaller OMAX GlobalMAX machine could do it for you. They are pretty reasonably priced if you get the smaller HP pump.

My company Synticos is actually working on a new waterjet technology that might be a potential solution for you but we are still in early testing. You can check out our website and I'd love to see what you think. We think people would like a compact enclosed waterjet with a closed loop abrasive system so you don't have to buy all the garnet.

I'm sorry if this is considered advertising and is frowned upon, but we aren't selling anything yet and being a startup we are looking for all the industry feedback we can get.

The price of our system will be in the ballpark of a GlobalMAX or Chinese machine (though you get a whole lot more and have minimal operating costs!)

Quote Originally Posted by rjlrjl View Post
    Hi,

By zero technical support, I'm referring to after you have purchased the machine and it goes wrong then you are down, you will get no support to get the machine back up and running, thus resulting in no production. The Omax Globalmax machine is a decent machine and at a low budget especially if you go for the 10HP pump.