584,833 active members*
5,627 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Jianken 2.5kw spindle

So just starting to consider building cnc router looking at spindles seen Fox3d review of the Jianken 2.5kw atc spindle right now is my first choice what else is required to operate this spindle looking like atc is pneumatic so guessing do you need pneumatic valve and relay to operate atc ? Is that all you need to operate atc. Someone mentioned using vector drive to run it instead of VFD. Been looking really haven't found one can anyone help with this ? And affordable one. I have 220v single phase 30 amp circuit available this will be enough? Thanks so much I am new to this. I'm a toolmaker for 35 years so the mechanical I get it's all these electronics, VFD, vector, etc that gives me a fit.

Re: Jianken 2.5kw spindle

Quote Originally Posted by Dfishingski View Post
    So just starting to consider building cnc router looking at spindles seen Fox3d review of the Jianken 2.5kw atc spindle right now is my first choice what else is required to operate this spindle looking like atc is pneumatic so guessing do you need pneumatic valve and relay to operate atc ? Is that all you need to operate atc. Someone mentioned using vector drive to run it instead of VFD. Been looking really haven't found one can anyone help with this ? And affordable one. I have 220v single phase 30 amp circuit available this will be enough? Thanks so much I am new to this. I'm a toolmaker for 35 years so the mechanical I get it's all these electronics, VFD, vector, etc that gives me a fit.
    A lot of VFD Drive that have Vector control also have V / F as well, a lot do not work in Vector control with these High Speed High Frequency Spindles, so it is not always good to pay more for a Vector drive unless you know it is going to work with your spindle it can be beneficial to use a Vector Drive but again only one that can work for your spindle

You may get by with your supply, as you have to run your whole machine from the one source if you are in NA your voltage is 240v 30A, that's ok if the spindle is 220v you set this in the VFD Drive
    Mactec54

Simple pneumatics' is all that is mostly needed, a lot can be control by the VFD Drive, and depending on what control you go with
    Mactec54

How much psi and cm needed for tool change operation and what is the best affordable option for delivering clean dry air to it

Found this vector drive which I believe I read you must go bigger if only single phase input so would this work good for that spindle on a 30amp 220v single phase circuit
    power:4.0KWhorsepower:5HPSuitable motor: <3.7KW (5HP)Input voltage:220v 1 or 3 phaseOutput voltage: 3 phase 220vInput Frequency: 50hz/60hzOutput frequency:0-50/60hz 0-400hzOutput Current:18.5A

And with this 30amp single phase circuit could I go bigger than this ?

Found this vector drive which I believe I read you must go bigger if only single phase input so would this work good for that spindle on a 30amp 220v single phase circuit
    power:4.0KWhorsepower:5HPSuitable motor: <3.7KW (5HP)Input voltage:220v 1 or 3 phaseOutput voltage: 3 phase 220vInput Frequency: 50hz/60hzOutput frequency:0-50/60hz 0-400hzOutput Current:18.5A

And with this 30amp single phase circuit could I go bigger than this ?
    The Input Current is what is important for the VFD Drive when using Single Phase Supply, not the output so if your Spindle is say 10A then the input rating for the VFD Drive needs to be 18A or more for single phase power use
    Mactec54

How much psi and cm needed for tool change operation and what is the best affordable option for delivering clean dry air to it
    You really need an air dryer plus filters to suit the compressor ( larger for the air dryer is good ) that you are going to buy 12 CFM and above is a good size for a small shop
    Mactec54

So if I'm looking at things correctly this vector drive and a 3.3kw 220v spindle would about max out that 30 amp single phase circuit. Is this correct ?

Could probably go to 3.5 kw spindle max with this setup sorry meant that instead of 3.3 kw

Could probably go to 3.5 kw spindle max with this setup sorry meant that instead of 3.3 kw so from what I'm seeing on your reply this vector drive and up to say a 3.5 kw 220v spindle would be right on track for this 30 amp single phase circuit as a good match and about the max for it correct ? They don't really give you the input amps on the vector drive

Could probably go to 3.5 kw spindle max with this setup sorry meant that instead of 3.3 kw so from what I'm seeing on your reply this vector drive and up to say a 3.5 kw 220v spindle would be right on track for this 30 amp single phase circuit as a good match and about the max for it correct ? They don't really give you the input amps on the vector drive
    Most manufactures list the input Current rating

Most run a 2.2Kw to 2.5Kw on a 30A supply you might just get by with a 3.5Kw but what are you going to run the rest of the machine on
    Mactec54

I actually have two 30 amp single phase 220v circuits available and several 110v 20 amp circuits

How much additional power will I need for controller and steppers ? not planning on vacuum table but was more or less hoping to be able to run the air compressor off of that other 30amp 220v circuit

Guess that's a silly unanswerable question let me rephrase how much additional power do most of you use on a home base machine with a 2.5kw spindle and no vacuum table

Guess that's a silly unanswerable question let me rephrase how much additional power do most of you use on a home base machine with a 2.5kw spindle and no vacuum table
    30A to 40A would be the average need for a machine that has a spindle of 2.2Kw to 2.5Kw using single phase supply

It does not matter how many other circuits you have you can only wire / use one for the whole machine

Things like a vacuum pump and air compressor they can have there own circuit

You don't have any 110v or 220v circuits they are 120v and 240v for NA supply
    Mactec54