585,589 active members*
3,459 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Renishaw Probe Programming NC

Renishaw Probe Programming NC

I tried writing a few programs off of the Renishaw GoProbe app today and the Hurco mill indicated wrong sub-program. After looking, it looks like the default programs loaded for part probing are using codes I don’t recognize. What gives?

Re: Renishaw Probe Programming NC

From my understanding of GoPRobe and the App, the App only assists you in creating the proper command line to initiate the appropriate probe routine you're after. That stuff in 9901, which I believe is GoProbe in its entirety, is all Macro B (Fanuc) stuff or Macro to whatever other manufacturers call it. A lot of stuff I recognize but have never bothered to understand. Be glad you don't need to know it to construct about any probe routine you'll ever want using the GoProbe command structure which you see consists only of very recognizable letters and numbers. Even though I never bothered, I can certainly say with confidence that learning Macro B is a great idea for anyone. Probing or not.