Hello,

I am an Industrial Arts teacher that has never done maintenance on a CNC machine, so bear with me,

The school that I started working at this year has a Laguna IQ CNC router that had been sitting for some time. Everything worked on it except for the spindle, which would cut, but was very loud, and coolant could not be pumped through it (someone probably forgot to turn on the pump and ruined it years ago). I ordered a brand new spindle that came in today. It is a Huanyang water cooled 220v 2.2kw 24krpm 400hz. I hooked it up correctly as far as I know, but when I test the spindle It will not run.

The Laguna IQ seems to come with its own built in series inverter with all of the required terminals to hook up to. I soldered the correct wires to the aviation plug pins and matched up the 1, 2,and 3 pins with the U, V, and W terminals.

When I power on the system and controller, and test the spindle, nothing happens, I can hear the series inverter turn on, and the led indicator says that the spindle is running.

My main hunches is that somehow I incorrectly hooked up the wires to the spindle or that the Laguna IQ series Inverter from 2013 isn't compatible with the new Huanyang spindle.

I'm stumped as to why it wont activate? Is there something I'm missing

Thank you!