585,761 active members*
4,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Machinist Hangout > tungsten carbide insert grinding

tungsten carbide insert grinding

I happened across this Forum and wondered if anyone here has any experience with the grinding of carbide cutting tools. I realize the Forum is centered around metal working but thought I would ask.I program CNC grinders and have been presented with an insert for production that has an element I do not know how to program. I took the time to review the machine builders Manual looking for useful reference. But didn't find anything that made it clear how to program what I needed. I have written the program for the basic shape (a trigon geometry) of the insert. This was fairly straightforward. But the additional element is a radial wiper (30.400 " in size) on 6 sides of the insert. My problem is I need the start position of the radial wiper and the amount of rotation the insert must be rotated through to produce the radius. I do not understand trig well enough to know how to get started with this. Anyone here have an idea on where to start? I have a copy of my grinding print for this insert that I can share. Any thought /suggestions are appreciated.
    thanks in advance,
    Jeff

Re: tungsten carbide insert grinding

I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.

Re: tungsten carbide insert grinding

we are manufacturer of tungsten carbide, maybe we can help you. learn more please email [email protected]