585,748 active members*
3,586 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > UCCNC Control Software > M6 UCCNC - not acknoliging the old tool after restart

M6 UCCNC - not acknoliging the old tool after restart

Hi guys! I am Peter and this is my 3rd uccnc build. First one with atc spindle.
    So I did what I could and i found a few ways to use the m6 macro. But they are very scetchy.
    I can use the atc function but I cannot understand why after the restart of the software it does not drops the old tool when m6 is called. It goes directly to the new tool which can lead in to unpleasent situations.

I will upload my macros. Please HELP! I have been reading and hitting my head in to the wall for days.

P.S. When the first tool change is done (with empty forks otherwise it will be scary) the M6 macro runs great, it drops the old tool and picks the new one.

P.P.S. I have one line where the tool makes some strange movement on the Y axis, but that is because my forks need the tool to be inserted from the front and not from the top and this is the only way I found to do it for now...

Peter

Re: M6 UCCNC - not acknoliging the old tool after restart

Hi Arturo! Thank you. The macro that I am already using is based on the one you postet on your web site. Still maybe I am missing something, since I turn on the machine and if I write m6 t3 in MDI the machine misses to check for the tool that is already in the crib and goes directly to the new one and not droping the old on in the fork. Thats is the problem. I am maybe a noob and do not understand something important...

Quote Originally Posted by peter_tash View Post
    Hi Arturo! Thank you. The macro that I am already using is based on the one you postet on your web site. Still maybe I am missing something, since I turn on the machine and if I write m6 t3 in MDI the machine misses to check for the tool that is already in the crib and goes directly to the new one and not droping the old on in the fork. Thats is the problem. I am maybe a noob and do not understand something important...
    There is no way the control is going to know that you have a Tool in the spindle, before you shut down the control make sure you put all the Tools away, or on startup remove the Tool from the Spindle, before you do any Tool Changes
    Mactec54

So I have to make a fake tool change at the end of the work day to leave to old tool or to make a macro for park position of the current tool, right?

Quote Originally Posted by peter_tash View Post
    So I have to make a fake tool change at the end of the work day to leave to old tool or to make a macro for park position of the current tool, right?
    Yes, that would be a way of doing it, a Tool should never be left in a spindle when you are shutting down for the day

When you Home your machine on startup, the Tool change should home also, usually to #1 Tool or a Blank (0) position
    Mactec54