584,849 active members*
4,419 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Hypermill > Problem with formula for CFG parameter input in macro

Problem with formula for CFG parameter input in macro

Hi all,

This is a long shot, as no one really answers my Qs in here. But I have a problem in my formulas when wanting to write a value made by a formula in a CFG parameter. I have a job rule with F:H > T:Len then *ZOFFSET = F:H/2 in a drilling macro. The formula F:H/2 doesn’t give out a value in Bottom offset, but if I write *ZOFFSET = 65, then Bottom offset is 65.

Is there any way to give the CFG parameter a value with a formula? And if so, how is it done?

I will power up my work PC and attach some pictures soon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C15B58FE-694B-460E-B684-AFDF9E52A482.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	455193
    I can’t figure out how to rotate the picture from my phone...

Cheers, Daniel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 407C337A-A90F-49FD-96D2-AE30F2FCA7F6.jpg  
    Last edited by Uhrenholt; 12-26-2020 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Picture

Re: Problem with formula for CFG parameter input in macro

Sorry for the double posting.

i forgot to mention that this is a macro where I’m trying to combine 3 other working drilling macros into one, So I don’t need to copy 3 macros and rules for each tool used for a hole feature. Everything works besides the bottom offset (I can’t insert a rule in the feature saying H/2 or D*5 by code) so I needed to do something else. I can change the operation name by code in the macro, drill thru, drill half thru and drill 5xD, where drill thru is when tool can reach, drill half thru when tool is to short but can be drilled from two sides, and drill 5xD when tool is too short and programmer need to make a new tool that can reach the desired depth. Still this is the basic macro, got another one taking tip length and break thru into the macro, I don’t want to drill deeper than the flute length using any NC tool in the library...

Still this is giving me a headache, If anyone can give me a hint on making a user variable in the code that can handle this, it will be a Christmas gift that is very appreciated

I did make a strategy in Edgecam that can do this, but the flow chart programming used, is very different from what Hypermill uses... The learning curve is rather steep, as there is almost no documentation in English, but thank god for google translate for the translation from German forums!
    Last edited by Uhrenholt; 12-27-2020 at 03:53 AM.

Re: Problem with formula for CFG parameter input in macro

Hi all,

I did make the drilling macro the hard way, as I don’t know anything about the VT tool, yet. And having to get used to do a crazy amount of drilling programs with rules for each hole (around 130 drills*3 different programs). Got the job done, but now I have to edit a bit in my formulas in 1/3 of the drilling programs in this macro, to get it rather idiot proof to work with.

Can the database be edited in a programming editor of some sort? Or any other way to do this than pasting rules one at a time in the macro database?

If anyone from OPEN MIND is reading this and have some solutions, please PM me and we can do this by email.

Cheers, Daniel