I would like a CNC router that just barely fits in the boot of my car with the seat folded down (Kia Soul EV), about 1mx1m, and can be easily lifted in and out by me, who is not a power-lifter. (I do CNC workshops at various maker spaces.) I already have a Handibot, which is great (about 20kg), but the work area is a tiny 150x200mm.
I would like to cut mostly wood and sometimes brass or aluminium, with a precision of better than 0.1mm.

I was thinking I may have to design my own CNC, unless you know of one out there that was designed specifically to be light weight.

Here are some mass-reducing ideas I am considering. Please add yours, and comments about mine:

1. Use hollow carbon composite tubing, as used in RC plane wing spars, for both the rails and the structural elements of gantry. No steel rails or heavy aluminium extrusions.

2. Use outrunner brushless DC motors, with cogbelt speed reduction and encoders, instead of stepper motors.

3. Use a sheet of heavy-duty construction closed-cell foam instead of MDF or plywood for spoilboard. (I tend to fix my work
down with double-sided tape on masking tape.)

4. Use belt drive instead of leadscrew/ballscrews. I am thinking of Contitech Silentsync dual helical offset belts and pullies.

5. Your ideas?