585,573 active members*
3,462 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > LFS 10 M 2SP: 4702 - 3 Start Inhibit

LFS 10 M 2SP: 4702 - 3 Start Inhibit

I'm a little bit new to this machine and Okuma control in general so I'm having trouble shooting this alarm.

It is a 2003 LFS 10M -2SP OSPE100L

I was running programs just fine, with the robot but now the Left side spindle says:
    4702-03 and the "I" key says

3-> Start key is pressed when chip conveyer operation mode is not auto mode

My chip conveyor only has FWD, REV, Stop keys on it physically. I've tried all the User parameters on or off and every combination. I've also tried to start the machine with the conveyor on and off.

I'm pretty stumped trying to figure what actually triggers this alarm. I don't recall giving the machine any different command and I don't see anywhere in the M-functions to turn this on/off.

I'm pretty good in a Fanuc ladder but lost here.

Thank you in advance.

I would suggest pulling out your electrical diagrams and looking for the conveyor auto mode input. Verify the signal is indeed bad. Then examine the input connection to see if the wiring looks standard or aftermarket. If aftermarket then track what it is attached to. If standard, then check also what it is connected to and if it indeed is connected to the conveyor. If it does connect there, check for bad connection or bad relay. I believe the machine also has conveyor settings in the parameters that could have been changed so that it is looking for a signal that the conveyor is not providing. I would look closely in the conveyor box to see how the signal is routed. If you find no wiring for the signal then pursue the parameters.
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    I would suggest pulling out your electrical diagrams and looking for the conveyor auto mode input. Verify the signal is indeed bad. Then examine the input connection to see if the wiring looks standard or aftermarket. If aftermarket then track what it is attached to. If standard, then check also what it is connected to and if it indeed is connected to the conveyor. If it does connect there, check for bad connection or bad relay. I believe the machine also has conveyor settings in the parameters that could have been changed so that it is looking for a signal that the conveyor is not providing. I would look closely in the conveyor box to see how the signal is routed. If you find no wiring for the signal then pursue the parameters.
    Makes sense to me. I don't have electrical schematics though. Ask Okuma?

Re: LFS 10 M 2SP: 4702 - 3 Start Inhibit

1. Yes, ask Okuma representative.
    2. Check the chip conveyor - OSP connectivity. Maybe testing all the lines with a multimeter reveals the problem.
    3. Hire somebody to draft the wiring diagram for this connection. It is must have anyway.
    4. Check once again and double check the point "running programs just fine, <...> but now". Maybe something happened?
    5. Check the chip conveyor signals if they react to control switches on/ off
    6. Double check the power supply for the chip conveyor control.