Hi everyone,

I ordered a chinese proximity sensor from amazon the other day to try and get some homing switches set up on my 4x2 CNCRP machine. This one in particular: Amazon.com: Twidec /M18 Approach Sensor Inductive Proximity Switch PNP NO DC 6-36V, 8mm Detecting Distance LJ18A3-8-Z/BY: Industrial & Scientific

I went with PNP NO sensors, I saw someone else on here had success using the same setup I'm using. I got the sensor in last night and hooked it up without an issue. The detection was working and I was able to confirm that it was working in the Data Monitoring ESS page, the checkmark on pin 10 would go on and off according to the sensor detection. When I jogged the machine and put the switch next to metal, it stopped the machine and I got the "limit switch activated" message.

Today I cut a bracket to mount the sensor, and after I mounted it, it stopped working. I went in to look at my ports/pins configuration and afterwards, as usual, it said "ReConfigure EStop" and when I clicked the Reset button, I immediately got the "Limit Switch Activated" message. When I look at the Data Monitoring page, pin 10 has a continuous checkmark regardless of the sensor detecting metal.

So, my question: is there something I'm missing in Mach3 or did my sensor go bad and short out? Based on the messages I'm getting from Mach3 and the Data Monitoring page, I'm thinking the sensor is shorting out. Which is concerning since I have 2 more coming tomorrow. I'll compare those two to this one tomorrow.

I checked my wiring at the MX4660 and it was clean, but I also checked continuity and was getting continuity between the signal wire and the 12vdc wire on the sensor, even when nothing was being detected. But, these sensors are new to me so I wanted to check with you guys and make sure I'm on the right track.