584,805 active members*
4,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > SmoothStepper Motion Control > ESS Smooth stepper and a import mpg wiring

ESS Smooth stepper and a import mpg wiring

I just got my ESS in and I am trying to get my mpg pendant hooked up and going . I found the docs on the warp9 website but it does not explain where the 5 volts are coming from for the mpg power , com signal , and e stop com wire . It says wires that are tied to 5 v (wires that don't go to the Smooth stepper Input pins ) are MPG power (mpg vcc ), E stop Common Signal and axis and rate Common Signal (com). It never says where these wires end up going to ??? I have had some tell me that the com wire goes to ground but this is telling me it goes to 5v ? Does anyone have this setup ? can anyone help me in the right direction ? The picture shows where all the wires should go beside the ones talked about above and the pic on the right is explaining the com signal wire but never says the location

Attachment 455566 Attachment 455568

Re: ESS Smooth stepper and a import mpg wiring

Quote Originally Posted by Michael82 View Post
    I just got my ESS in and I am trying to get my mpg pendant hooked up and going . I found the docs on the warp9 website but it does not explain where the 5 volts are coming from for the mpg power , com signal , and e stop com wire . It says wires that are tied to 5 v (wires that don't go to the Smooth stepper Input pins ) are MPG power (mpg vcc ), E stop Common Signal and axis and rate Common Signal (com). It never says where these wires end up going to ??? I have had some tell me that the com wire goes to ground but this is telling me it goes to 5v ? Does anyone have this setup ? can anyone help me in the right direction ? The picture shows where all the wires should go beside the ones talked about above and the pic on the right is explaining the com signal wire but never says the location

Attachment 455566 Attachment 455568
    did you find a fix, if so can you share please

Quote Originally Posted by MadKezza View Post
    did you find a fix, if so can you share please
    Yes I can give you the info I have , I have moved on to centroid acorn, no more mach3/4 , and no more smoothstepper . The deal with my mpg i was having to get 5 volts to power the mpg so I just ran a wire from my ess and got the 5 volts from there. It does not explain that in those instructions in the quote but if you need anything else let me know

I am at work right now but if you would like when I get off this evening I can take pictures of how I have it connected