584,798 active members*
4,207 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mori Seiki SL-153 Fanuc 18i TA

We have a Mori Seiki SL-153 lathe.
    Every morning we start it up we get (2) errors. We have to completely turn the machine off by: E-Stop, Power off, and main disconnect to get rid of the alarms. After we perform the power off, the alarms go away.If we don't turn off in this order we can get different alarms on the power up.

Alarms are:
    NC 414 Servo Alarm: Axis Detect Err [X]
    NC 449 Axis:Inv. IPM Alarm [X]

I found the NC 449 in the manual but not the 414 alarm.

Thanks for the forum space. Look forward to direction on resolving our challenge.

Brad, New Haven Indiana

Re: Mori Seiki SL-153 Fanuc 18i TA

Quote Originally Posted by TD3569 View Post
    We have a Mori Seiki SL-153 lathe.
    Every morning we start it up we get (2) errors. We have to completely turn the machine off by: E-Stop, Power off, and main disconnect to get rid of the alarms. After we perform the power off, the alarms go away.If we don't turn off in this order we can get different alarms on the power up.

Alarms are:
    NC 414 Servo Alarm: Axis Detect Err [X]
    NC 449 Axis:Inv. IPM Alarm [X]

I found the NC 449 in the manual but not the 414 alarm.

Thanks for the forum space. Look forward to direction on resolving our challenge.

Brad, New Haven Indiana
    Hello:

When the alarm happens, check DIAGNOSIS 200 THRU 204

AlexFanuc

This may help.

This sounds like a power supply issue for the servo amplifier. It may need to be repaired or replaced.

I've found with the machines I work on that begin having problems, if I leave the main breaker on for several minutes and THEN power up the control and no alarms are issued, it's a pretty clear indication that the power supply is failing. It will only get worse as time goes on. I haven't attempted to repair myself, but I would guess the capacitors in the power supply are just out of spec for a while after power is supplied and once they warm up are now in spec.