584,863 active members*
4,709 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Setup questions for HY03D023B VFD

Setup questions for HY03D023B VFD

Hi All,
    I hope you don't mind me posting a question about a table saw here! I have read lots of useful information on the VFDs on this forum and am hoping to get some additional help.

The saw is a Scheppach with a 3KW, 2800RPM motor. I got a great deal (£50) on this inverter on Amazon - It was a return and re-sold by Amazon - so I thought I'd take a punt. I stuck a 13Amp plug & lead on it and connected as advised in this forum just to check it out. It powers up successfully and programming works.

I plan to mount it on the wall in my workshop and wire it directly to the mains with a dedicated MCB, and obviously connect the three phases directly to the motor. I would like to connect the existing On/Off switch back to the analog (?) connector as a means to control the saw - does this make sense? I'd appreciate advice here.

Also I'm guessing I need to set the accelerate parameters to avoid a big current on start up - again i'd appreciate advice on this.

I'm a bit confused by the various video instructions on the various frequency settings - what do I need to do here?

Any other critical settings?

Many thanks, in advance.

Tim

Re: Setup questions for HY03D023B VFD

Quote Originally Posted by timreddin View Post
    Hi All,
    I hope you don't mind me posting a question about a table saw here! I have read lots of useful information on the VFDs on this forum and am hoping to get some additional help.

The saw is a Scheppach with a 3KW, 2800RPM motor. I got a great deal (£50) on this inverter on Amazon - It was a return and re-sold by Amazon - so I thought I'd take a punt. I stuck a 13Amp plug & lead on it and connected as advised in this forum just to check it out. It powers up successfully and programming works.

I plan to mount it on the wall in my workshop and wire it directly to the mains with a dedicated MCB, and obviously connect the three phases directly to the motor. I would like to connect the existing On/Off switch back to the analog (?) connector as a means to control the saw - does this make sense? I'd appreciate advice here.

Also I'm guessing I need to set the accelerate parameters to avoid a big current on start up - again i'd appreciate advice on this.

I'm a bit confused by the various video instructions on the various frequency settings - what do I need to do here?

Any other critical settings?

Many thanks, in advance.

Tim
    Yes that is simple to do for your motor type, most default Parameters will work with your motor, VFD Drives use a soft start so don't have to worry to much about start up Default is normally Ok

One thing though do not just Plug and unplug the VFD Drives main Power, or you will damage it, they must be wired in or plugged into a switched outlet only use the switch to turn off the main power supply and use the keypad to turn your motor On / Off

For remote control like you want to do, you just need an On / Off switch connected to Terminals FOR and DCM plus some parameter change for remote use and J1 jumper changed

Once you move to remote control then the Stop button on the KeyPad is the only one that will work

Never Turn the VFD Drive off at the main supply with the motor running or your VFD Drive will be Damaged
    Mactec54

Re: Setup questions for HY03D023B VFD

Thanks very much for this.