584,829 active members*
4,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > PlasmaCam Design Edge not cutting the whole design errors

PlasmaCam Design Edge not cutting the whole design errors

Hi there -

I am new to all of this. I am working with the Plasmacam Design edge system. I have gone through manual after manual trying to figure out why this keeps happening. I have wasted over $300 in metal so far and I can't figure this out. I am in need of help. If this is in the wrong section, forgive me and please redirect me.

I will describe my setup;
    4x4 Plasmacam Design Edge advanced software
    90 PSI 80 Gallon air compressor
    Powermax Hypertherm Plasma set at 45AMPs
    In line filter for moisture buildup
    Table is grounded at 2 different locations
    Tip is clean

Please note; all the images are made in a adobe illustrator first and saved as a DXF file.

In the software when you convert to cutpaths, you run an intersection error process to see if there is any errors when it cuts. When doing that prior to cutting, nothing shows up. I've attached the image below on just freshly converted cut path. I've also attached all the settings I have inputted in the offset/convert settings. These were inputted based on the booklet provided by the plasma, that is also attached.

During the cut it will skip small sections, approx. a few centimeters in length, image attached. I tried the cut again to see if it would repeat the results and it did, exact same place each time. When I go back to the software, it now shows on the cut paths that have gaps in them with a green line going above it. I have attached that image as well.

I don't know what else to try - I am at the point of giving up. I hope this is a simple thing to fix and there is so setting I'm missing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210102_144217.jpg   20210102_144221.jpg   20210102_144250.jpg   20210102_144257.jpg  

20210102_144336.jpg   20210102_144139.jpg  

Re: PlasmaCam Design Edge not cutting the whole design errors

Hi,

Can you provide the nest file that contains the G code for the machine?

Re: PlasmaCam Design Edge not cutting the whole design errors

Quote Originally Posted by shawnrl View Post
    During the cut it will skip small sections, approx. a few centimeters in length, image attached. I tried the cut again to see if it would repeat the results and it did, exact same place each time. When I go back to the software, it now shows on the cut paths that have gaps in them with a green line going above it.
    Just a guess - are those holding tabs?