584,865 active members*
4,957 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Flushing Bacteria from Machine Coolant System

Hybrid View

Flushing Bacteria from Machine Coolant System

The VMC we have at work has a spoiled batch of coolant and I need to flush the entire system to kill any residual bacteria that is in the system or else it will just reduce the life of the new batch of coolant I add.

Anyone have any particular additive they use that is safe for the system, but will kill all the bacteria currently in the system?

We use Blaser coolant and I know Blaser has their Blaserclean AF, but I was hoping their was something else I could use, as Blaserclean is not cheap.

I was hoping their might be something available at a pool supply that would kill any fungus / bacteria.

Thanks

Re: Flushing Bacteria from Machine Coolant System

There are other cheaper machine system cleaners out there. Check the internet...... I thought that Blaser was sold on the premise that it contained "good bacteria" that ate the bad bacteria!
    It sounded like BS when the Blaser salesman came a calling. Surely all organisms like bacteria eat and crap in the coolant which causes the spoiling of the coolant.
    Buy Rocol coolant.....it does what it says on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAIN-HURTS View Post
    There are other cheaper machine system cleaners out there. Check the internet...... I thought that Blaser was sold on the premise that it contained "good bacteria" that ate the bad bacteria!
    It sounded like BS when the Blaser salesman came a calling. Surely all organisms like bacteria eat and crap in the coolant which causes the spoiling of the coolant.
    Buy Rocol coolant.....it does what it says on the box.
    Something very wrong with the above problem Blaser does not get bacteria I have had it in my tanks for 3 years and it is still as good as when it was first put in I would say that he has an oil problem and if he put in a good filter system to clean the coolant there would not be a problem

The excess of tramp oil is what has caused the bacteria not the coolant, remove the oil and the coolant will be fine
    Mactec54

boiling kills 99% of bacteria in the coolant.

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    boiling kills 99% of bacteria in the coolant.
    Yes boiling water ( A+ ) and Dawn soap or Oil Eater and hot water works very good if not better than any type of flushing chemical's you can buy
    Mactec54