I am looking to build a semi-automated grinder for our foundry. We are currently using an anchored pneumatic piston to push some production pieces into a 14"x3" grinding wheel. FYI, we mainly deal with steels and stainless steels. Grinding is generally a 2"x1" square about 0.5" deep, varies quite often. I can draw a sketch if need be. It would be a horizontal motion into the 'side' of a belt grinder, the grinding surface would be vertical.

I am leaning towards using a ball screw accompanied by a closed loop stepper.

Relative Information:
14" wheel with a 3" abrasive belt
Force used to push production part into grinding wheel is unknow but grinding has typically been done by hand
Consideration for spark "dust"
Speed of linear motion has to be fairly quick, I can come up with a definite number if needed

I have been looking into prebuild linear slides/ guide rails, they're on amazon. This is a mock up so I'm trying to keep costs relatively low, under $1,000 in parts for the motor, screw and rails.
For the slide I have been looking at, I can link, the specs are 200mm Stroke, 1605 ball screw (16mm dia. screw, 5mm lead), square/ profiled linear bearings (unsure of size).
For the motor, a hybrid Nema34 12nm, because I assume the bigger the better... don't want to be limited by the motor size.

An enclosure can be made to 'seal' system from debris.

Keep in mind I have yet to do a deep dive into learning, I am doing that but figured I would post this to gain some input or advice.

Linear rail:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0899JVBDP...ding=UTF8&th=1