585,708 active members*
4,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > JD Squared PVD Multiplatform CNC Table - purchase experience thusfar

JD Squared PVD Multiplatform CNC Table - purchase experience thusfar

Did a lot of shopping and comparing and finally found a machine and company to buy my first CNC machine from. https://www.jd2.com/pvd-multiplatform-cnc-table
    If you haven't checked this machine out - please do! Let me know what you think??

Lot's and lots of lurking these forums for the last 3-4 years - finally registered - and I'm ready to share my experience.

January 15th - I made the sales call for more info and spoke with a sales rep. We talked about my concerns of JD2 being more a plasma machine and the approach to the Multi-platform approach being more of a trial than a production model machine. I wanted to make sure all the kinks had been worked out and I wasn't gonna be a guinea pig for a "project". Turns out, this design had been in development for more than two years! I said, in passing, "I'd love to speak to Bob Hughes, but I'm sure he's busy running the company". Bob takes time to post videos of the companies product line which includes some pretty impressive pipe benders and industrial strength plasma machines. The sales reps reply was "Are you free tomorrow morning? Bob loves to talk to our customers - I'll have him call you." Guess what happened next day?

January 16th - Bob Hughes called at 9am and we spoke for damn near an hour. He invited my son and I up to his plant and said he'd have a table for me to route as much as I wanted to sitting on standby. It's a huge facility in Tennessee. Our conversation sealed the deal for me. He didn't have to do that. He didn't have to explain in detail his vision for the Multi-Platform machine. So, I went with it.

January 20th 2020 I made my choices for options. I chose a 4X4 machine with extended gantry and both the wood and water table options. This table does both plasma AND routing. https://www.jd2.com/pvd-multiplatform-cnc-table

January 28th 2020 - Discussed with tech support post processor for Vectric V-Carve post processor. They have one

February 12th 2020 - I came up with a list of about 15 questions (very detailed machine questions) and it went to the actual software engineer for JD2. He's emailed and gone above and beyond to answer everything in detail I had concerns about.

March 18th - Today I am super excited to get a picture of my machine in testing phase. Shipping soon!!

Re: JD Squared PVD Multiplatform CNC Table - purchase experience thusfar

Sounds really promising bet you can't wait until it is set up fully and in operation.
    How much is the model you have opted for and could I use something like in this https://toolinspector.com/best-router-table/ to get started?

Re: JD Squared PVD Multiplatform CNC Table - purchase experience thusfar

Quote Originally Posted by rndyhllmn View Post
    January 28th 2020 - Discussed with tech support post processor for Vectric V-Carve post processor. They have one
    Which post processor did they suggest you use?