584,841 active members*
4,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Announcing the new Official BobCAD-CAM User Forum
Page 1 of 2 12

Announcing the new Official BobCAD-CAM User Forum

Hello All,

I wanted to announce that BobCAD-CAM has created a new updated user forum to build community. In recent years social media platforms such as Facebook has held the main focus for delivering news and new content to our users. After many discussions with our users we have determined that the Social Media platforms do good for announcements, but lack in allowing the community to easily find data that is valuable to helping one another. Because of this we have built a new user forum based platform and you are all invited! Our technical staff will be participating in the new user forum as well.

Forums like here on CNC Zone will always exist so please do not think that the existing systems are going away, we just wanted to build a dedicated platform where customers can engage with each other and with our staff.

The community is just getting started but we know with your help it will quickly grow into a great resource for everyone!

BobCAD-CAM Official User Forum - Official BobCAD-CAM Community

Re: Announcing the new Official BobCAD-CAM User Forum

bobcad had a forum a number of years ago , it was unsupported and because of that was basically a ghost town . How will this be different from before ? I mean no offense but curious

The old BCC forum from our servers was discontinued I believe starting in 2015. It was still there but staff involvement was halted due to people migrating to social media platforms.

With the complete restructure of BobCAD-CAM after the acquisition by Harris Computer, we have been focused on creating resources to aid our customers in their success with our products. We have determined that it would be best for us to build an online community using our own forum vs relying on other platforms such as CNC Zone. Facebook is a great platform and there are many things it does well, but due to the nature of how comments, threads..etc get lost and can not be organized into categories it makes it harder for people to locate valuable information.

Our technical staff and many employees of BobCAD-CAM already have accounts and will be active and participate on the new user forum. Our job will not be to provide "Free Support" to everyone, but we are there to help and guide the community.

and bcause censorship is starting to happen,,,good logical move

censorship ??? where ?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCole View Post
    Hello All,

I wanted to announce that BobCAD-CAM has created a new updated user forum to build community. In recent years social media platforms such as Facebook has held the main focus for delivering news and new content to our users. After many discussions with our users we have determined that the Social Media platforms do good for announcements, but lack in allowing the community to easily find data that is valuable to helping one another. Because of this we have built a new user forum based platform and you are all invited! Our technical staff will be participating in the new user forum as well.

Forums like here on CNC Zone will always exist so please do not think that the existing systems are going away, we just wanted to build a dedicated platform where customers can engage with each other and with our staff.

The community is just getting started but we know with your help it will quickly grow into a great resource for everyone!
    Yeah, heard this before but all you got were the needy users and you didn't attract enough helpers and your own staff were disinterested in helping so this Forum right here remained the best place to get help if you didn't have a support package and raise a support ticket.
    If YOU don't prime the pump by providing a good resource the needy people will not stay and those with higher skill levels will have no reason to visit.
    You have already hacked a lot of people off by deleting the old Post Processor downloads from your support site, this is not the way to get people to spend on an upgrade as they will now know you intend to do the same with newer versions a few years after purchase, I had upgrade money sitting but put it towards a CNC lathe after seeing which way the wind was blowing!

Gave up on BobCad because they don't support their customers.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

The old BCC forum from our servers was discontinued I believe starting in 2015. It was still there but staff involvement was halted due to people migrating to social media platforms.

With the complete restructure of BobCAD-CAM after the acquisition by Harris Computer, we have been focused on creating resources to aid our customers in their success with our products. We have determined that it would be best for us to build an online community using our own forum vs relying on other platforms such as CNC Zone. Facebook is a great platform and there are many things it does well, but due to the nature of how comments, threads..etc get lost and can not be organized into categories it makes it harder for people to locate valuable information.

Our technical staff and many employees of BobCAD-CAM already have accounts and will be active and participate on the new user forum. Our job will not be to provide "Free Support" to everyone, but we are there to help and guide the community.
    Welcome Alex, soooo, we are to have a new better Forum that we can actually use, that sounds great, however if it is on the same old super slow and outdated platform as the one that ceased to exist earlier this year then no thanks!
    Unfortunately it does appear to be no better, at least I could Login to the old one, followed your link but was unable to Login, so I tried the email adress I have used with BobCAD for more that 10 years,(Been using BobCAD since V18) still no good, so I tried the "forgot password" option which is supposed to send an email to that email adress with change password instructions, guess what, that didn`t work either !! Appears that users login details have not been moved across so no access
    Expect "teething" issues yes? But not this bad, not even able to access it ??
    If staff are not going to be helping users to solutions of their problems then what is the point ?? That will be left to the users like us to do BobCAD staffs work for free ?????

To be brutaly honest BobCAD would be much better off using what spare resources there are available to make the software usable on a reasonably modern computer instead of constantly increasing the "bloating" of the software to the point where it is now costing more for the hardware needed to run the software that the software itself !! Thousands of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    We all may as well use that money to go buy a software that will run happily on the hardware that we have and there are plenty out there that do.
    I stopped buying BobCAD at V28, V29 was full of bugs, V30 was a little better, V31 reverted to V29 rubbish, V32 and V33 are working OK but drag my PC down to a crawl !!

OS Win10 Pro 64 bit
    i7 Processor
    32 Gb Ram
    nVidea Quadro 1Gb on board Memory

I have downloaded trials of a number of different CadCAM softwares and they all run fine with the exception of MasterCAM which runs just like BobCAD, slooowww!!
    So, nothing wrong with the hardware here for most other softwares (A fair few of which are cheaper as well) so as long as I can tap into the computers at Pixar I should be OK with BobCAD.

Please, please try and get the people in charge of the $$$ to pay for a decent software

Stay Safe
    Regards
    Rob

To clarify my first post: I bought V28 and within a few months they came out with a fix for many of the bugs it had in it. I wanted to down load the fixes, but they refused unless I upgraded my copy of V28. They wanted to charge me for fixing their errors. I have quit buying for them from that time on. And just so you know I had bought and used many versions of BobCad for over 20 years.

Now, what are you going to do to fix that stupidity with a new forum?
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Update on accessing the new Forum, gave up on trying to Login and decided OK new start I will start again from scratch and create a new Account, this should work yes ??

Answer is NO, it refuses to even create a new account so from that I can only assume it is broken

Not a good start IMHO for new owners !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    To clarify my first post: I bought V28 and within a few months they came out with a fix for many of the bugs it had in it. I wanted to down load the fixes, but they refused unless I upgraded my copy of V28. They wanted to charge me for fixing their errors. I have quit buying for them from that time on. And just so you know I had bought and used many versions of BobCad for over 20 years.

Now, what are you going to do to fix that stupidity with a new forum?
    rolling bug fixes into updates is unfair and it's usually the reason for an update . New features just get added to the next version
    I will give credit to a few of the support guy though because they have helped me on times that I needed it , except there is a huge road block in order to get to these guys . I am on v31 after numerous other versions and it's buggy but it's more trouble than it's worth to try and get the bug fixes for it .

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Update on accessing the new Forum, gave up on trying to Login and decided OK new start I will start again from scratch and create a new Account, this should work yes ??

Answer is NO, it refuses to even create a new account so from that I can only assume it is broken

Not a good start IMHO for new owners !!!
    new members might need admin approval ??

Hi Alex,
    Made my new account on the new system. Discourse is a positive system for the future.

I'll be moving over there in a bit. I'll try to contribute there and help make it a valuable place to be.

Good luck with the new ownership. We wish everyone at BobCad the best!!!

Burr

...why should anyone have to Login just to view the Forum activity of BobCad?

A lot of people I'm sure don't want more crap in their mail boxes. CNCzone only if, someone wants Post or view Attachment's is a good format....

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    rolling bug fixes into updates is unfair and it's usually the reason for an update . New features just get added to the next version
    I will give credit to a few of the support guy though because they have helped me on times that I needed it , except there is a huge road block in order to get to these guys . I am on v31 after numerous other versions and it's buggy but it's more trouble than it's worth to try and get the bug fixes for it .
    To emphasize/clarify, they did not want me to "update," they wanted me to "upgrade." In other words spend more money to get the fixes for a buggy software that I had already purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    To emphasize/clarify, they did not want me to "update," they wanted me to "upgrade." In other words spend more money to get the fixes for a buggy software that I had already purchased.
    same here , until I complained enough about bug fixes which are supposed to be free being held hostage in updates , then they eventually put me through to the tech guys . Thats the road block I was talking about . It seems to me the business is conflicted . Some of the guys are very helpful and I think they have some passion for what they do (if you can get to them ) , while the rest are all about the money .

I wonder if they will "UPDATE" it now. I never even bothered to learn it as I did not want to encounter any BUGS and crashes.

if you can hit them with a list of bugs then they very well may , but you need to push your way through to tech to get the fix you need .

Perhaps if I just say I lost my disc's I could just download the fixed version. Lol

Either way, I'm not paying for bug fixes.

Login to forum done
    I love this BobCAD/CAM initiative !
    Facebook is dispersive and find a past post is very very hard !

Page 1 of 2 12