Hi folks - first post here. Looking for a bit of advice/help. I'm running a chinese CNCEST 6090 cnc router, mach3 control, everything working properly and as expected. win7-32bit +- mach3.043.66.

I recently added an MPG (XHC LHB04B 4 axis USB (wired) handwheel/MPG/pendant) I bought off Amazon for around $100. Other than velocity mode not working well and and a general feel of 'disconnect' between wheel motion being proportional to machine motion, the pendant does what it's supposed to and generally works. However I have hit a problem that i simply can't work around -- unwanted motion on the X axis when making movements on other axis.

PROBLEM: When I make a motion on the Y, Z,or A axis in continuous mode, I will occasionally get an unwanted abrupt high-acceleration/deceleration stutter motion on the X axis which can vary from .05mm up to a MM or more! I have never seen this problem with step mode. these movements will continue to accrue until the end can be several MM away from the target (certainly enough to crash a mill end or damage a part) and I have to drive it back to the target using step.

I have never seen unwanted axis motion from any G-Code. It doesn't happen with the on-screen MPG jogging at any rate, or key commands (arrows or pageup/down) to jog. Only with this handheld pendant and only in continuous move mode (not step mode). I have tried using different USB ports, and I have reinstalled the drivers which came with the product. I have tried almost every combination of configuration I can think of - number of pulses per unit, mpg tuning, etc. And, thinking the original pendant was defective, I ordered a second unit - same behavior.

If the problem is the "ShuttlePro.dll" driver issuing errant commands to mach3, I would expect others to have seen this, but I am not able to find any mentions, anywhere. If it's defective hardware, then I've gotten two-in-a-row that are faulty.

Has anyone seen anything similar? Even more, does anyone know of a fix or have suggestions?

Thanks
John