584,830 active members*
5,551 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help with Vcarve GCODE Output Needed

Hi There! I'm new to this forum and a bit of a newbie with my Nextwave Pirahna XL and Vetric's Vcarve. I'm working on a simple 3/16" slot for drawer bottom inserts. I discovered that the software had issues when the tool size was equal to the profile width, and when I dropped the tool down to 1/8 it worked. All other programs are working fine. But when I mirrored the drawing for the other side, the machine freaked out again. It gets stuck for 10 seconds on the dwell command, then moves about 5 inches randomly and freezes with the router still running. It's seems to release from the dwell command, then buzz through all other commands faster than the machine can move, and then end the program. Removing the dwell command had the same result, just without the dwell.

Any thoughts? The "Right" code is working but the "Left" is not. Both attached.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

-Ridge

Re: Help with Vcarve GCODE Output Needed

I didn't see any obvious anomalies in the Gcode.I don't know your machine or controller so have to ask if there was any problem with running the simulation-normally if the simulation works-the program will work.The other possibility is that the incorrect post processor has been selected from the list.Have you previously had success with the post processor you were using?It is quite rare,but not unknown,for a post processor to behave oddly after a software update.Can you capture screenshots of the simulation?I find it really a bit strange that the left slot program is several lines shorter than the right slot equivalent it misses the Z-0.0469,does the Z-0.0938 and goes to the final depth without cutting at the Z-0.1406;there has to be a reason.Did you edit the tool properties in the tool library between creating the two routines?

I'm working on a simple 3/16" slot for drawer bottom inserts. I discovered that the software had issues when the tool size was equal to the profile width, and when I dropped the tool down to 1/8 it worked.
    Use a profile cut with a single vector set to ON the vector.

Are you using the correct post processor?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Gcode seems ok in both cases.

There is a difference between pass depth between the two files, apart from that they are quite similar.

The only thing that might cause problem is that with a pass that is too big, the machine dont have enough "force" to cut the material.