Battery died and replaced it with 4.5 volts the screen is asking me to choose , This screen is new and probably because it lost memory
.here are the question s on start up
MOS SETUP -REV 1.0 Hurco KM5P starts up and asks what type hard drive type :
# cylinders:
# Heads
Precomp:
Landing Zone:
# Sectors:
Capacity:
Ram configuration: 4 megabytes ?
Where do I find these numbers? The hard drive is a QUANTUM Fireball EX 3.5 series 3.2 GB AT IBM P/N:28L1609 FRU:10L6006
BARCODE # 3.2AT EX32A341 REV 01-B A0A04
key set at DS
C:6256
H:16
S63:
NOV/98
So do the # cylinders:
# heads:
Precomp:
Landing Zone:
# Sectors:
Capacity: 400 come from the hard drive installed?
I think the RAM configuration 4 comes from the 4 sticks of 1Mb ram installed on board.
I have a floppy that has a 9-2-04 date and SER #KTS 9002092 B software VER 1.64 SYSTEM CONFIG DISC (floppy)
So procedure for restarting after the memory battery died, I installed new battery pack 4.5V (3 x double AA ) . then turned on power and then screen asking what hard drive type came up, I entered #Cylinders: 1024 , # Heads 16 , 0 , Landing Zone: 0 ,#Sectors 50 , Capacity: 400 RAM configuration :4 megabytes EXIT AND SAVE waited, shut off machine waited about a minute and restarted. not starting up like it did before the memory battery died. I didn't see this select hard drive cylinders, sector questions before, it just started up and I homed machine. I see several different number setting online for the Hurco KM5P but just trying to figure which ones will work
The VERSIIN says 1.0 on control screen but the system config floppy says 1.64. Do I install floppy drive and it will update to 1.64 version from 1.0 after I put in the
floppy and machine reads it? At a loss what I am doing wrong. I have 70 psi air to machine but it is pretty cold in the shop because it is not heated, probably only 25 degrees F out there now. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Rondal may also contact me at [email protected] if thats ok with community rules