584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Debug Lead

Debug Lead

I'm using Stepperonlines CL57T that are made by Leadshine (written on the side). They look exactly like the HBS86H.

Quick question about the debug software. More pointedly the lead. I can't remember what I used to connect last time. I have two leads. A USB to RJ11 and a Serial (db9?) to RJ11.

I can't get a connection on either of them and can't remember which one worked. Obviously the USB would be best just not sure if it was the one.

Any help?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Re: Debug Lead

According to the manual, the RJ11 connector in the CL57T is a serial RS232 port. If your computer does not have a serial port (most likely), you can use the USB to RJ11 adapter. Make sure you have the drivers for it properly installed and the COM port number properly set in your software.

Cool thanks. I'm kicking myself not remembering how I did it last time. I try to connect it up now to my XP computer and nothing shows up in device manager or the tuning program. I am not even sure if the copy of XP has the drivers.

If there is anything I know relatively nothing about it is ports and coms in computers. I am hoping if I get a USB converter that maybe a pc with windows 10 will just pick it up...... (hoping). To add, I actually don't like this bit of cnc. The rest is very cool indeed

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Your adapter will show in the Device Manager as either a COM port (if the drivers are installed) or as an unknown device (if the drivers are not installed yet).

If it shows as an unknown device, look at its hardware IDs to figure out what kind of drivers it needs. No need to buy another USB converter if you already have one that worked before.