584,846 active members*
4,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 4 123

Hybrid View

Walter CNC Grinders

Looking for people running these grinders to swap ideas and/or solve problems. Software or hardware issues. Machine issues. Anything related to these grinders.
    Where Your Quality Counts!
    www.toolgrinder.com
    [email protected]

Hello !! , im working with Walter cnc toolgrinders ( regrinder & woodtronic cnc5 loader), nice machines :-) .

// Jake

The machine we use most is a Power R. It is a very good machine, also. Is your 'R' machine windows or DOS driven? I would like to hear more about your machines.
    www.toolgrinder.com
    [email protected]

My machine is Win NT CD 11, i work mainly in P1,P2,P3,P6,P32
    for the moment, i also use cybergrinding.

Our Woodtronic cnc5 loader is a machine for grinding tct sawblades , we can put 60 sawblades in the loader.
    i now have 2 years with the machines .

// Jake

Sounds like we are running about the same things. You don't use pkg 4? I've had 2 years on them too. Maybe we can help each other out with any problems.

Keith
    www.toolgrinder.com
    [email protected]

No i dont use P4 for the moment , its easier and faster to use
    P32 and you also have more power for grinding complex profiles
    i think you have a limitation in P4 that the steptool only can get bigger in diameter and that limits me , the dxf loading is a nice thing since all drawings comes in dwg or dxf files , so its just to cut out you profile from the drawing and load it into P32 and your
    almost done.

on the other hand in P4 you can gash the inside rake angle on the differnt steps so you dont get negative rake angle on the smaller steps in diameter, but there is for sure more nice things in P4 that i dont know about .

if you have any problems just tell me , and i would do the same.

// Jake

We have a Walter Power-R. Also a Walter Woodtronic 3 and 5. The second 2 are saw grinders.

I think all of our Walters are in the 500 series. We have the mimi, powers and loader.
    I sure hope they make the sofware more user friendly.

Don

been using these machines for 7 years now.........one mini production....one power-r and one power-r with disc loader.......use pkg's 1,2,3,4 and beginning to use pkg 32.....we mfg alot of high performance drills and step drills using pkg 3......and use pkg 4 for our form tools.....I've manufactured 2-flute ballnose tools on pkg-4 holding a .0394 dia. +.0000/-.0001 and a length of .0669 with the same tolerance intersecting into a 59 degree 34 minute +/- 5 minutes(included) in lots of about 50 at a time......using our mini production (with glass scales) and very nice univel metal bonded diamond wheels.......I'd really like to get more in depth into pkg 32..........

I have a few questions about pkg #1. I've been running this package mostly the past several weeks. When hired in the took me back and said here it is... make it run.

Have been running a lot of 3 and 4 fluted corner radius ( anywhere from .009 radius +/- .002 to .050 radius +/- .002) the machine will hold this once its dialed in. But whatg is the best way to adjust for the misblends on the diameter and ends? (tangent points of the radius)

Don

I guess every body is to busy grinding.....

cnc101 hello i have two walter power R one with diskloader and a toolcheck been grinding with walter grinder for 6 years [email protected]

i think also every walter grinder is busy

Is anyone interested in exchanging ideas and info on the Walters?

We have two of them in the shop, power 500 and vision. We also have toolcheck. Not my favorite machines around, bit of a PITA to calibrate, and fix when they break. I suggest making a hard drive clone, and replacing CRT monitor for some generic LCD on power. I might have schematics for attachiing MPG somewhere if anyone cares, always wanted to do it, just never had time. Also if you're using NT4, update to SP6, and newest walter software. They finally fixed that silly network set up they had going there.

We also have about 40 Rollomatics, if anyone wants to talk about them. We grind carbide only.

can you tell me about flut rake depth is it top middle or bottom ?

rake

please specify. i dont understand what your asking?
    are you asking what the measuring depth is for the rake angle?

What type of tool are you grinding and in what package?

Mill cutters etc on the Helitronic

I am trying to grind a 6 tooth solid carbide t slot cutter, 3 teeth right hand cut with 5 degrees right hand axial flute and 3 teeth right hand cut with 5 degrees left hand axial flute. Cutter is .297 wide with .020 radius on front and back of each tooth.The front and back face of cutter has 1.5 degrees dish with 2 degrees side clearence. Can this be ground completely in p5? (first time using p5)
    Right now I am piecing it together with p4 , p6 and p32 wich seems to be some what of a hassle but it will work for this time around.

RACK

Quote Originally Posted by quickbrew View Post
    can you tell me about flut rake depth is it top middle or bottom ?
    THE RACK ANGLE DEPTH DEPEND ON TOOL DIAMETER AND R IN WHEEL
    AND TYPE OF TOOL.

IT IS BETWEEN 0.1 MM TO 0.25 MM.

Page 1 of 4 123