I have 2 servo driven spindles on single phase 240 that are not performing as they should according to specs. One of them is the 1.8kw driving my mill turn spindle. It will give a lost phase fault if i run it faster than 2700rpm and horsepower is also lacking. Maybe a horse and a half before it also gives lost phase fault. Servo is supposed to run at 3k max and nearly 3 horsepower continuous, much higher peak. Been running that one for a long time and living with it since its enough power for most of what i do but the full 3k rpm would definitely be nice.

Recently i built a servo driven bt30 with a 1kw servo and it is having the same issues. Supposed to run at 5k max and 1.5hp continuous. Faults at 4500rpm and about 0.8hp.

I have checked my line voltage and it is at 238 so no problem there. The max rpm issue on both servos is the same with nothing attached to the shaft. Ive been talking back and forth with dmm to try and solve the issue, but its taking a while to go back and forth with emails. He mentioned that sometimes residential power can have issues providing enough power and there is a firmware that might address the rpm issue. Not really sure why single phase 240 would behave different in residential vs commercial, but the firmware change could hopefully help
Still waiting for a response from dmm about sending drives in for update. Seems odd though, i always assumed dmm was commonly used by hobbiest and small businesses, not uncommon to be on residential power. So why don't all drives have this firmware update?

Im starting to wonder if the real fix is 3 phase power. Is it likely my servos would perform closer to specified rpm and power on 3 phase? The specs show no difference for single phase vs 3 phase, but maybe this was a mistake or a lack of single phase testing. I noticed many other drives have derated specs for single phase.

If 3 phase will help, is there any issue with a thousand dollar 5hp rotary converter? Do i need something higher quality for something like this? The 2 servo spindles dont run at the same time so i dont think i would need more than 5hp.

Thoughts?