Hi CNCZone,

I’m attempting to network a Raspberry Pi 4 to my Syntec 6MB CNC machine directly with a local link Ethernet cable. I’ve followed a few guides and read the documentation but am still having trouble.

I can set static IP addresses on both the Pi and the Syntec as follows,

Pi
IP = 169.254.187.180
Subnet = 255.255.255.0

Syntec
IP = 169.254.187.182
Subnet = 255.255.255.0

I installed SAMBA (linux SMB client) on the Pi then created and shared a folder ‘syntec_share’. I can successfully ping the Syntec from the Pi but the Syntec doesn’t see the shared folder. Instead I get the error message,

“Code : 1222 The network is unreachable.”

Given that Linux is case sensitive but WinCE isn’t and the fact that you can only type uppercase characters on the Syntec’s interface, should the Pi computer name, username, password and shared folder name all be upper case?

Is the section named ‘Network DiskRemote Host Path’ specifying the credentials for the Syntec to connect to the Pi (or the other way round)?

Why is the section marked ‘Shared Folder Path’ not editable? When cycling through the fields with the cursor this is skipped. What does that indicate?

My aim is to have a folder on the Pi synced with several laptops using Syncthing, the Pi connecting to the workshop WiFi and connecting to the Syntec over Ethernet.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!