585,744 active members*
5,020 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Networking Raspberry Pi to Syntec 6MB

Hi CNCZone,

I’m attempting to network a Raspberry Pi 4 to my Syntec 6MB CNC machine directly with a local link Ethernet cable. I’ve followed a few guides and read the documentation but am still having trouble.

I can set static IP addresses on both the Pi and the Syntec as follows,

Pi
    IP = 169.254.187.180
    Subnet = 255.255.255.0

Syntec
    IP = 169.254.187.182
    Subnet = 255.255.255.0

I installed SAMBA (linux SMB client) on the Pi then created and shared a folder ‘syntec_share’. I can successfully ping the Syntec from the Pi but the Syntec doesn’t see the shared folder. Instead I get the error message,

“Code : 1222 The network is unreachable.”

Given that Linux is case sensitive but WinCE isn’t and the fact that you can only type uppercase characters on the Syntec’s interface, should the Pi computer name, username, password and shared folder name all be upper case?

Is the section named ‘Network DiskRemote Host Path’ specifying the credentials for the Syntec to connect to the Pi (or the other way round)?

Why is the section marked ‘Shared Folder Path’ not editable? When cycling through the fields with the cursor this is skipped. What does that indicate?

My aim is to have a folder on the Pi synced with several laptops using Syncthing, the Pi connecting to the workshop WiFi and connecting to the Syntec over Ethernet.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Networking Raspberry Pi to Syntec 6MB

Well I'm not going to be a lot of help but if your share folder is syntec share then that should be in the spot where 'public' is unless you want to navigate to the syntecshare from public everytime.

I'm currently getting the same error after switching computers (old one still connects - it's infuriating).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Oh and I think the disk remote path part is just internal on windows ce portion (ie where you copy the files to) not really sure why it's there at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Thanks for replying gfacer2 - I'll certainly try changing the dir name from PUBLIC to something more appropriate.

I'm still unsure as to whether the upper / lower case thing is relevant or not. More testing required.

If I make progress I'll post it.