584,862 active members*
5,523 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Anilam 4200T

Anilam 4200T

Hey guys,

We tried to start up our lathe the other morning that has a Anilam 4200T control, and it comes up with a couple error messages. I have not had much experience with troubleshooting the electronics on these machines so I am a little weary of just jumping in and doing stuff. I have double checked that all the connections have not rattled off.

Symptoms -
    1. Boots up fine and gets to the "homing" screen
    2. Screen aspect ratio is smaller (about 3/4" unused screen on bottom, left and right)
    3. Control Messages :
    I/O Node(s) found do not match nodes specified as installed
    DSP2-4 Motion Control Board + 0 node(s) detected
    Error : spindle drive fault must reset servo's
    Warning : external Hold!
    4. Inside the cabinet on the X and Z boards there is only 1 red light

From what I can see the control is not communicating with any of the servo's but where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance!!

Re: Anilam 4200T

It's not seeing the IO boards, as the message indicates. Because it can't see any active inputs connected to the IO boards, it's issuing error messages as if the required input was missing.
    Once you get it to communicate with the IO boards again I'll bet you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tpodgwaite View Post
    It's not seeing the IO boards, as the message indicates. Because it can't see any active inputs connected to the IO boards, it's issuing error messages as if the required input was missing.
    Once you get it to communicate with the IO boards again I'll bet you'll be fine.
    Hey, thank you. I've actually been meaning to post an update to this thread but haven't had the time. We got the machine up and running. I called tech support at Heidehain and they were absolutely great to talk to. Jerry (the tech support guy) said he had 35yrs experience with the company so he was very knowledgable about the control.

He had me get out the voltmeter and check some spots to make sure there were no loose connections. After we concluded that he had me check the main control boards battery and we found out it was completely dead. Needless to say we ordered 1 of them ASAP($50). After that came in and we installed it, all that needed to be done was change some settings in the BIOS and it's been working great since.

Please help me.

My ANILAM 5000m showing this message

"I/O Node(s) found do not matchs nodes specified as installed "

What should I do? Please advise me.

Contact Jerry Bouvier [email protected]
    He has a wealth of knowledge troubleshooting these controls and has helped me with my machines many times.