584,802 active members*
4,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > What's "chucking switch"?

What's "chucking switch"?

hello,
    I am using doosan lynx 220,
    And been wanting to clamp parts from ID, from inside, so there's a key, and i turn it,
    And then there's a message:
    " 2090 chucking confirmation switch alarm ",
    And the machine wouldnt work. What is it,
    And what can i do about it?

Tnx for any help!

Re: What's "chucking switch"?

Take the cover off at the rear of the spindle . You will see 2 proximity switches . 1 for External Clamp, 1 for Internal clamp . ) External clamp the cylinder moves towards you , Internal clamp the cylinder pushes towards the chuck . Clamp the part internally then slide the internal one so the orange light goes out . It is a safety function for the Chuck Stroke so that the chuck is not on the extent of its stroke when clamping .

By switches you mean these things that look
    Like they are "sensing" the spindle and sometimes when there are too many chips they stop the action of the machine?

"things sensing the spindle and preventing from chips collection" - please, don't mess al in one.
    The subject is internal chucking. Like OD chucking it is monitored by sensors. Sensors detect position of drawbar. The forward - back movement of drawbar is transformed to chuck jaws open / close action. Clamping of workpiece is monitored to prevent big problems in case if workpiece scattered out of the chuck.
    "Dale123" told you how to adjust the sensor properly. Since these sensors must be aligned properly. In some systems you will find more, than two sensors - can be up to four: "draw bar front end position", "draw bar back end position", "OD clamped position", "ID clamped position". Detection of end positions tells if jaws are opened (ready to clamp) or/ and if workpiece escaped from the chuck. Detection of "clamped" positions confirms the workpiece is clamped.

Ok,
    So till now i've been using only OD clamping.
    Now, I see two sensors. One one the left side, and it is nearer to me, and one on the right side, and it is farer. Which one is the internal one, the one on the right that is farer?

The actuators proximity switches (if not corrupted with chips) get set as:
    actuator and chuck stroke at the fully inward position
    and
    actuator and chuck stroke at the fully outward position

If the keyswitch is set to OD chucking:
    The actuator will Push-to-Open
    The actuator will Pull-to-Close
    forward switch = chuck open
    back switch = OVERSTROKE (actuator traveled to close to stopping without being stopped by a part. This would be a problem and generate an ALARM)

If the keyswitch is set to ID chucking:
    The actuator will Push-to-Close
    The actuator will Pull-to-Open
    forward switch = OVERSTROKE (actuator traveled to close to stopping without being stopped by a part. This would be a problem and generate an ALARM)
    back switch = chuck open

If the chuck has been replaced with a pull-to-close collet chuck it is the same as OD chucking
    If the chuck has been replaced with a push-to-close DEAD LENGTH collet chuck it functions the same as ID chucking with regard to forward/back limits but Keep relays need to be set correctly for proper OD stroke understanding.
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

hi

"And been wanting to clamp parts from ID, from inside, so there's a key, and i turn it,
    And what can i do about it?"

Only right awnser is adjust the chucks so you're chuck is in the right position and not at the end of it's reach
    there are two little stripes on the body of the chuck at te nr 1 position. open or closed the 3th stripe must be in between, to clamp
    at the max .
    moving proximetie switches is not the best solution if you do not kwow what youre doing.

greeting bertus

Quote Originally Posted by bertus.nl View Post
    hi

"And been wanting to clamp parts from ID, from inside, so there's a key, and i turn it,
    And what can i do about it?"

Only right awnser is adjust the chucks so you're chuck is in the right position and not at the end of it's reach
    there are two little stripes on the body of the chuck at te nr 1 position. open or closed the 3th stripe must be in between, to clamp
    at the max .
    moving proximetie switches is not the best solution if you do not kwow what youre doing.

greeting bertus
    I, respectfully, disagree.
    See my prior explanation.

Credentials:
    9 years with SMW, installing chucks and actuators (5 a week) and 11 years working for Doosan Machine Tools America where I am the Service Trainer.
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Quote Originally Posted by dhardt View Post
    I, respectfully, disagree.
    See my prior explanation.

Credentials:
    9 years with SMW, installing chucks and actuators (5 a week) and 11 years working for Doosan Machine Tools America where I am the Service Trainer.
    HI

My credentials are more then 20 years paying the bills when things goes/went wrong.

what i'm trying to say is that, with limited knowlage of the consept , moving proximetie switches is not the best solution if you do not kwow what youre doing.

"If the chuck has been replaced with a pull-to-close collet chuck it is the same as OD chucking
    If the chuck has been replaced with a push-to-close DEAD LENGTH collet chuck it functions the same as ID chucking with regard to forward/back limits but Keep relays need to be set correctly for proper OD stroke understanding."

The easiest way to tackel this problem is to interchange the proximetie switches .

greetings bertus.nl