Hi Folks,

I have had Fadals for some years now and never liked the lack of control regarding coolant. It comes on during 1st piece and there was no stopping it unless you shut the valve.

Where is the 3 position switch "Auto-Off-On" like my Mori and all the Fanuc machines I have owned or used??????

I finally have what I wanted. I had my local independent repair guy install one. We went through the wiring diagram over and over until he figured out how to do it.

It works perfectly and has one big (As far as I am concerned) added benefit.

1) When doing a job with 2" or 3" "Shearhogs" (which is what I use for rapid stock removal at 10,000 rpms) I get so many chips bouncing up into the tool carousel that stick on holders that sometimes don't blow off with the air blast at tool change that I get tool mismatches in the parts because the chips push the tool down.

The Fadal software cancels the coolant on tool change so there was no way to get the coolant to wash the holder down at tool change. With the switch in the on position it now washes the chips from the tools. I was seeing the problem on one big job we run on every 2nd or third part. Now I haven't had a mismatch for 45 parts and still counting.

I don't know if there is interest in this or if I am alone with the issue. If anyone wants to know the name of the guy who did this for me, just send me and email and I'll forward his to you.