584,798 active members*
4,318 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: DyanCNC

Question DyanCNC

There is an old DyanCNC table in my shop that has not been used for a few years. the only person that has ever used the machine took the computer and software with them when they left. I have the software for a plasma cam system is there anyway to use it to operate this table or does anyone know where I can get the operating system for the DyanCNC system? We are a small high school and I would like to give the students an opportunity to work with a CNC system so any help would be nice.

Re: DyanCNC

Do you mean DYNA CNC? They used to manufacture CNC machines in San Jose CA: About DYNA You might be able to get some tech support on your old machine, if they made it.

If it still has a control system and motors, you might be able to get it to work with third-party control software, although the PlasmaCAM software wouldn't be what I'd recommend unless it's a plasma cutter, or all you were doing was cut-out work. LinuxCNC, Mach3/4, or UCCNC would be more generally useful. If you could get the pin-out for your machine, it would be easier than trying to figure it out by trial and error. Perhaps listing the particulars of your machine in a separate post and asking about the ports and pins for it, or finding someone out there who has a manual that covers your model would get you going again.

Failing that, you could get another control box and some software to run it; the motors you've got are probably still okay.
    Andrew Werby
    Website