585,931 active members*
3,576 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Export tracking on Fanuc 31i.

Hello everyone,

I use CNCs equipped with Fanuc 31i, 310is and equivalents. I am looking to develop a sort of tracker in my programs to record production parameters.
    In order to develop this at a lower cost, we started by trying using recordings during the program on #6xx variables, then exporting the data at the end of machining with the DPRINT functions on amovible cart.
    We output timer data, by tools, but I would prefer to replace them with more precise values, but I cannot find the corresponding #system
    Are there variables in the CNC that directly return the values of spindle load, axis load, real spindle rotation, real feed rate, etc.

I saw that #4109 and #4119 return the values S and F, but are they only the program values or the real values ?
    Feed potentiometer

Thank you for your help !

Re: Export tracking on Fanuc 31i.

hy there are 2 things to consider : frequnecy at which you gather data, and reaction

low frequency, like seconds, etc is like a timestamp, you can check cycle time consistency
    0.1seconds is for code variants consitency, going for improvements
    0.01seconds is for controler stuff, like different set of parameters, without chainging the code
    <1/1000 is live servo data

reaction is if you decide something and implement from outside, or build inner logic within the machine program

record production parameters
    for cycle time consistency, you should simply at 1st be sure that your programs are stable at 100% override; once stability is achieved, decide your next move

Are there variables in the CNC that directly return the values of spindle load, axis load, real spindle rotation, real feed rate
    i am not a fanuc guy, so i can't provide specific controller advice

yet i can do such things on okuma ... spindle rotation and feed consistency can be checked by cycle time analysis; some programers preffer to disable input from potentiometers, as to be sure that the operators won't use the override ...

loads, promising as they are, are much more tricky and chalenging; at 1st you should scan for peaks, to avoid axis shocks, thus ensure smooth motion ... once all ok, develop futher / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Hi Alex...

We do a lot of DNC & MDC (machine monitoring) for CNC controls, and so I would suggest you use the Fanuc FOCAS protocol. It is standard in your Fanuc 31i control. It runs over port 8193 and uses the Fanuc Embedded Ethernet port. I would suggest getting the Fanuc FOCAS libraries, and rolling what you need - an HMI style dashboard with data logging. Here's a link to our Nexas Networks Dropbox of all the data points that FOCAS can deliver - https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7w0yu...gq583qs89&dl=0 - see for yourself. I connect FOCAS every week using our Excellerant software and know it is a great feature for what you need. Cheers, Tom Gaasenbeek, Nexas Networks Inc

The Fanuc MT-LINKi software it gives all the info you need