All

I recently got my hands on a used PCNC1100 from a friend. It runs fine but needed some cosmetic love - the coolant had been eating away at the paint. Also he had the S3 upgrade and had never installed it.

In my cleanup process I caught the oil line that runs into the left side of the base casting with my wire wheel while stripping paint. Huge bonk. But need to move fwd. This is where I need your assistance please.

I have been searching some of the oiler posts here and also looked at the oil diagrams in the manual. As I understand the line that enters the casting goes to a splitter. One side of the splitter goes to the Z axis distribution and the other to XY distribution. Prior to my mishap I had been over oiling because the machine had sat for a while. I was OK with cleaning up excess oil. I noted as many of you have the the Z axis appeared to be a bit light on oil...specifically the right side slide vs the left that had a small stream of oil leaking out of the slide.

Based on my observations and the posts I have seen I was thinking that it may not be a terrible thing to move the splitter to the outside of the casting. Also possibly even move the oiler to a different location - perhaps even higher on the casting or on the enclosure. I dont really want to rent an engine hoist again to lift the machine off the base for a splitter that is not well placed for any maintenance.

I figure move the splitter to the outside and run new 4mm lines to the Z axis distribution and the XY axis. This will mean removing the X table - but based on the mess I have been removing it probably needs cleaning. And that is much easier than lifting the entire machine...and gives me a chance to inspect all the oil lines and even set the gib.

Where do you get your oil lines? (mcmaster, msc, tormach?) push to connect fitting OK for oil?

Also I need to replace many of the wire conduits - I noted them to be metric. I haven't seen them anywhere but tormach. Any info there.

Any feedback you can provide would be of interest and appreciated.

Regards
Dave