585,687 active members*
4,505 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Cannot home x axis on 84 Brugmaster vtc 150 with Fanuc mainbd # A16b-1010-0050-036A
Page 2 of 4 1234

Re: Cannot home x axis on 84 Brugmaster vtc 150 with Fanuc mainbd # A16b-1010-0050-03

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pancheau View Post
    It is a vertical mill and it has a tool changer. I do not think the spindle drive is 100 %. Do you think it wants the spindle to be in the correct tool change rotation before it is satisfied? I have not wanted to spend the money on sending in the spindle drive for repair before being relatively sure the mill will run otherwise.
    Tool changer might not be in home position. But you need electrical diagrams to check.
    If there is no alarm in the spindle unit, I would not think you have a problem in there. Do you have a photo of the machine?

Regards

AlexFanuc.

Burgmaster VTC150

...if this is DATC type Tool Changer/Randum...the Tool Mag would need Homing if, memory has been cleared.

Re: Burgmaster VTC150

It is very similar to the picture of mill posted by machinehop5. I will get a couple of pictures tonight. Is there a way to check on the tool change memory being cleared or not? I have found a maintenance manual and a programming manual to purchase online, but so far no wiring diagram. Thanks again for all the help.
    Scott

Please see attached pictures. There are 5 limit switches that I found on the tool changer and the tool lock unlock.After I actuated all the switches I can now jog the Z axis after homing and pushing the reset on control panel. I got the tool changer to move one time. The change arm swung to the tool load or unload position and that was the last I could do.I forgot to tell you that the CRT has always displayed an error that I think must have been the last program running when it quit the prev. owner. I can't figure out how to clear it. It says error .08073 N000000. I did clear all the g code in the program and then used it to enter the moves for XYZ. It will run the XY moves in rapid, but still ignores a Z programmed move.The spindle at some point starts to do what I think is a tool change positioning? It rotates very slowly about a 1/4 turn - pauses for about 3 seconds and rotates again. Does not seem to be affected by the position of the Z axis once it starts. If anuone has a wiring diagram for a Burgmaster VTC 150 I would love to purchase a copy.
    Thanks again for your help guys.
    Scott

Please see attached pictures. There are 5 limit switches that I found on the tool changer and the tool lock unlock.After I actuated all the switches I can now jog the Z axis after homing and pushing the reset on control panel. I got the tool changer to move one time. The change arm swung to the tool load or unload position and that was the last I could do.I forgot to tell you that the CRT has always displayed an error that I think must have been the last program running when it quit the prev. owner. I can't figure out how to clear it. It says error .08073 N000000. I did clear all the g code in the program and then used it to enter the moves for XYZ. It will run the XY moves in rapid, but still ignores a Z programmed move.The spindle at some point starts to do what I think is a tool change positioning? It rotates very slowly about a 1/4 turn - pauses for about 3 seconds and rotates again. Does not seem to be affected by the position of the Z axis once it starts. If anuone has a wiring diagram for a Burgmaster VTC 150 I would love to purchase a copy.
    Thanks again for your help guys.
    Scott
    Try to do an M19. Orient the spindle to see what happens. See if it stops without any alarm and at the same spot.
    regards

AlexFanuc.

Quote Originally Posted by alexfanuc View Post
    Try to do an M19. Orient the spindle to see what happens. See if it stops without any alarm and at the same spot.
    regards

AlexFanuc.
    The M 19 did not work.There seems to still be somthing it does not like that is preventing the Z from accepting any move commands. I actuated the tool change functions with their relays and they all work as they should. The lock position micro apparently actuates the control to tell the orientation to begin and unlock position cancels.I realize that without any wiring documents and no real knowledge of Fanuc, I am not likely to get there. I said it always shows a program No. error, it is actually an alarm and I can't seem to get rid of it. Thanks for all your help Alex.
    Scott

Tool Changer Interlock

I think all parameters are intact.
    ...good point. Do you have all the MTB Parameters stored/backup/written down would be good idea before changing anything.

I see Alex helped fix the X homing issue which you fixed by replacing the SW. Without knowing the history of your machine sounds like the Tool Changer has a sticky Interlock SW causing the Z problem, try manually stepping the TC thru a tool changer cycle afew times and can of WD40....lol. Alex sounds like he would know which Params to look for TC switches.

DJ

Re: Tool Changer Interlock

Thanks for the idea, I will give it a try,.The WD 40 is pretty magic stuff. I have not written the parameters down and I know I need to take the time to.
    Thanks Machinehop5

Re: Tool Changer Interlock

Thanks for the idea, I will give it a try,.The WD 40 is pretty magic stuff. I have not written the parameters down and I know I need to take the time to.
    Thanks Machinehop5

Rs232

Punch Parameters to RS232 Com port...backup problem solved/stored

DJ

Re: Rs232

I don't have it set up for DNC yet. If your machine has general numeric control I would think the process is the same. Could you give a brief description of how you do this? I found a curious thing the last time I messed with the mill. I was able to enter M06 T8m in MDI and it did rotate to that tool number. Am I correct in thinking that this should be a complete tool change request ? All it does it rotate to the correct tool position. I also saw a strange thing happening in MDI. When I entered that simple command to do a tool change, the control was dragging in the code from the one program I am able to get to run. This should not be happening ? The Fanuc may have deeper issues. Do you know how to clear the program that always shows in message window as a fault program No 00078
    Thanks,
    Scott?

I don't have it set up for DNC yet. If your machine has general numeric control I would think the process is the same. Could you give a brief description of how you do this? I found a curious thing the last time I messed with the mill. I was able to enter M06 T8m in MDI and it did rotate to that tool number. Am I correct in thinking that this should be a complete tool change request ? All it does it rotate to the correct tool position. I also saw a strange thing happening in MDI. When I entered that simple command to do a tool change, the control was dragging in the code from the one program I am able to get to run. This should not be happening ? The Fanuc may have deeper issues. Do you know how to clear the program that always shows in message window as a fault program No 00078
    Thanks,
    Scott?
    ...this may help if and when the RS232 port is needed. there should a DB25 Plug some where on the control box.
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/fanuc/91429-forum.html

...So, in MDI the TC Mag move to the correct T8 pocket is good news. and yes TxxM6 would be the format. I see some Buttons on your control marked Tool Change Lock/Unlock etc etc..do they work in JOG MODE? Try M30 or M2 in MDI might clear the program problem. Post more Screen photos may help

DJ.

Thanks DJ,
    I got the maintenance manual I ordered and found out how the tool change is supposed to happen. I have the spindle out and the roll pins for orient position cam are sheared off. Hope things will look better when I get it repaired and back in. I will look up the info you referenced on downloading the parameterrs.
    Thanks,
    Scott

Re: Cannot home x axis on 84 Brugmaster vtc 150 with Fanuc mainbd # A16b-1010-0050-03

...if you lose the MTB's parameters its just cast iron

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...if you lose the MTB's parameters its just cast iron
    One more question if I could DJ, How do you properly enter and store a program into memory on this machine? Is it done in MDI and how does it get labeled and become a stored program?
    Thanks,
    Scott

...Oxxxx format store...via Mode

One more question if I could DJ, How do you properly enter and store a program into memory on this machine? Is it done in MDI and how does it get labeled and become a stored program?
    Thanks,
    Scott
    To enter a program : Edit mode, (edit key = off position) . There must not be any alarms. Program page : O (letter o) and the number of the program. [Insert]. And you start writting . But it is better if you first write the program in your computer (using Office WORD) and then you uploaded into the CNC.
    Regards
    AlexFanuc

Thanks DJ, Your talking to a real novice here when it comes to Fanuc. I tried this in MDI mode which is the only place it seems to want input, but it is just a one time run in rapid the same as if I am only trying to do a single time input. It does not save. Could you be more specific on where to enter (MDI)? or other. What all the steps are. Would be great if you could just show me a complete entry to enter a program for a single axis move that shoud be stored in memory when entered?
    Thanks,
    Scott

Thanks Alex, I will give it a try.

Thank you for the directions Alex. I was able to enter, store and run a couple of simple programs.. I feel like I almost have a somewhat usable mill. It will not however run anything in feed rate or interpolation but only in percentages of rapid straight line moves. If I try to enter a G01 and F code, the screen just runs through the code real fast and there is no axis travel and no alarm given. Can you think of anything to check?

Page 2 of 4 1234