585,763 active members*
4,129 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Cannot home x axis on 84 Brugmaster vtc 150 with Fanuc mainbd # A16b-1010-0050-036A
Page 3 of 4 1234

Re: Cannot home x axis on 84 Brugmaster vtc 150 with Fanuc mainbd # A16b-1010-0050-03

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pancheau View Post
    Thank you for the directions Alex. I was able to enter, store and run a couple of simple programs.. I feel like I almost have a somewhat usable mill. It will not however run anything in feed rate or interpolation but only in percentages of rapid straight line moves. If I try to enter a G01 and F code, the screen just runs through the code real fast and there is no axis travel and no alarm given. Can you think of anything to check?
    While you run your program :Can you please show Diagnostics 96 thru 105?
    Also , check feedrate, memory mode, program key must be in off position. Check if "MLK" is on (machine lock)
    Can you see movement of the axis in the screen?
    Regards

AlexFanuc

Re: Cannot home x axis on 84 Brugmaster vtc 150 with Fanuc mainbd # A16b-1010-0050-03

Quote Originally Posted by alexfanuc View Post
    While you run your program :Can you please show Diagnostics 96 thru 105?
    Also , check feedrate, memory mode, program key must be in off position. Check if "MLK" is on (machine lock)
    Can you see movement of the axis in the screen?
    Regards

AlexFanuc
    That was a complete fail Alex. The diagnostics appear to have a gap from 83 to 128. Does that mean parameters are probably missing? No indication of any axis movement when I go to position and try to run a program with a G01 and feed rate. The program seems to just jump to the end. The homing is still at a slow rate rather than rapid
    Thanks,
    Scott

That was a complete fail Alex. The diagnostics appear to have a gap from 83 to 128. Does that mean parameters are probably missing? No indication of any axis movement when I go to position and try to run a program with a G01 and feed rate. The program seems to just jump to the end. The homing is still at a slow rate rather than rapid
    Thanks,
    Scott
    I think parameters are ok.
    please check Diagnostics 0 thru 6 and 10 trhu 15
    Regards
    AlexFanuc

I think parameters are ok.
    please check Diagnostics 0 thru 6 and 10 trhu 15
    Regards
    AlexFanuc
    Thanks again Alex. Please see attached picture of diagnostics. The only change I saw from at rest to trying to run is the #0 diag.has a change in 2nd from right from 0 to 1 each time the orient spindle action runs. The far right digit of #5 diag changes momentarily when the start button is pushed. Also the 0 diag. far left changes for a moment at the end of program. I cannot seem to figure out what the correct order of buttons is to call up a different program in memory to run instead of the current one. If you could please tell me. When the G01 is in the code and I push start it jumps to the point shown on the next line an stops there as seen in the other two pics.
    Thanks,
    Scott

Thanks again Alex. Please see attached picture of diagnostics. The only change I saw from at rest to trying to run is the #0 diag.has a change in 2nd from right from 0 to 1 each time the orient spindle action runs. The far right digit of #5 diag changes momentarily when the start button is pushed. Also the 0 diag. far left changes for a moment at the end of program. I cannot seem to figure out what the correct order of buttons is to call up a different program in memory to run instead of the current one. If you could please tell me. When the G01 is in the code and I push start it jumps to the point shown on the next line an stops there as seen in the other two pics.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    Please try:
    O0003;
    G91;
    G01 X-5. Z-5. Y5. F10.;
    Etc

G91 is incremental mode. You may use G90.
    Also, check if you are using inches or mm. (becareful)
    Regards
    AlexFanuc.

Please try:
    O0003;
    G91;
    G01 X-5. Z-5. Y5. F10.;
    Etc

G91 is incremental mode. You may use G90.
    Also, check if you are using inches or mm. (becareful)
    Regards
    AlexFanuc.
    I will give it a try again tonight. I am pretty sure of correct modes. If I do not input the G01 all the travels distances are correct and all code is run in rapid. The program can be run again several times as soon as it is complete by pushing start again with M30 as the terminator. I have tried adding G94 and G70 with same no go response in G01. Will report back again after verifying what you asked.
    Thanks,
    Scott

...this is wild guess I wonder if, your DRY RUN button is stuck ON
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...this is wild guess I wonder if, your DRY RUN button is stuck ON
    DJ
    Wouldn't that mean that you would see the program run on the display without movement? There is no display action whatsoever with G01. Without G01 the program runs in rapid with exact accuracy according to the DRO.
    Thanks,
    Scott

I will give it a try again tonight. I am pretty sure of correct modes. If I do not input the G01 all the travels distances are correct and all code is run in rapid. The program can be run again several times as soon as it is complete by pushing start again with M30 as the terminator. I have tried adding G94 and G70 with same no go response in G01. Will report back again after verifying what you asked.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    I tried this Alex and it is still the same result. The control just ignores the G01 code.
    Thanks,
    Scott

I tried this Alex and it is still the same result. The control just ignores the G01 code.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    Try running this program with the spindle running...

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Try running this program with the spindle running...
    Thanks for your input. It does seem everything on a Fanuc based system is highly interlocked. There is an issue with the spindle as well so If I try to input any more than 30 RPM , the spindle errors with-- #2 speed does not match command. I tried it with the 30 RPM input (which really only turns about 6 RPM) and the spindle ran, but still no axis movement. It may well be that the spindle problem is it. The tool change system does not work either so may be related to that. It is starting to look like it may be a puzzle to hard to figure out considering I think this mill was only made one model year before they closed down so probably only a few left.
    Thanks Again,
    Scott

Shifting Gear/Tranmissions

...M40 or M41 or M42 is gear shifter...in Fanuc 11M days ? 1980's was a good decade in Gardena 90248

remove my mask,
    DJ

Thanks for your input. It does seem everything on a Fanuc based system is highly interlocked. There is an issue with the spindle as well so If I try to input any more than 30 RPM , the spindle errors with-- #2 speed does not match command. I tried it with the 30 RPM input (which really only turns about 6 RPM) and the spindle ran, but still no axis movement. It may well be that the spindle problem is it. The tool change system does not work either so may be related to that. It is starting to look like it may be a puzzle to hard to figure out considering I think this mill was only made one model year before they closed down so probably only a few left.
    Thanks Again,
    Scott
    Push the Emergency stop button. Try to move the spindle by hand. You should be able to move it by hand. If not, you might have a mechanical problem.
    As machinehop5 said, you might have to command an M41 or M42 if the machine has Low gear and High Gear. M40 should be Neutral. Before you comannd an M03 or M04. So , try the M41 to see if it changes Gears. I don´t know if there is an indication in the operators panel.
    Regards
    Alexfanuc

When the G01 is in the code and I push start it jumps to the point shown on the next line an stops there as seen in the other two pics.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    ...I just noticed something wrong with the Program (Screenshot) from above post44
    the O0003 should be on a line all by its self.

DJ

...the Attached file is sample of Fanuc type programming may help. It may or may not be run-able on your machine. Edit as needed

...I just noticed something wrong with the Program (Screenshot) from above post44

DJ

...the Attached file is sample of Fanuc type programming may help. It may or may not be run-able on your machine. Edit as needed
    Thanks for input guys. The spindle turns fine so that is not the problem with speed. It may be the DA converter chip. I am going to see if I can get a new one to try. It does not have a two speed gear box. Just direct belt drive to spindle. I will try a program with the # on its own line. It is so weird that it will run the program in rapid, even when there is no G0 in the code line. Yet it won't run G01 code.
    At the same time the homing that is supposed to run in rapid runs slowly all the way home. I still do not know how to call up a program in memory. Could you please tell me the correct keying sequence to do so. Thanks for the sample code.

Scott

DJ

I have not been able to figure out how to get the program No. to be on a line by itself. How do you get the cursor to move down rather than adding behind the program Number?

...EOB (End of Block) aka one step forward one line at a time.

...EOB (End of Block) aka one step forward one line at a time.
    Well, it seems the way this thing is set up is such that when you enter the program # the percent sign is automatically added behind the program #. If I try to enter an EOB the control rejects it. None of the cursors will allow me to go to a new line, so the next inserted line of code gets added to the same line as program # and the percent sign just keeps forwarding down.
    Thanks,
    Scott

Well, it seems the way this thing is set up is such that when you enter the program # the percent sign is automatically added behind the program #. If I try to enter an EOB the control rejects it. None of the cursors will allow me to go to a new line, so the next inserted line of code gets added to the same line as program # and the percent sign just keeps forwarding down.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    What is the value of parameter 10?

Well, it seems the way this thing is set up is such that when you enter the program # the percent sign is automatically added behind the program #.
    this in normal.

If I try to enter an EOB the control rejects it.
    must be in EDIT Mode and use the SoftKeys to Insert an EOB after program number.

None of the cursors will allow me to go to a new line, so the next inserted line of code gets added to the same line as program # and the percent sign just keeps forwarding down.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    ...this may help you
    https://www.cnctrainingcentre.com/be...cnc-programme/

DJ

Page 3 of 4 1234