Hello,

I am adding a 4th axis to 1996 Fanuc Robodrill T10C with a 16mc and I have a question - the parts manual states I should run two wires from the d-cell battery box on the cab door to CP5 on the single axis (4th) servo amplifier I've added to the right of the 3-axis servo amp that is standard with the machine. My question is which of the following options do I choose:

1. run two sets of wires from the d-cell battery box - one being for the 3-axis amp (like it is now) connecting to CP5 and an additional wire(s) for the 4th axis amp connecting to its CP5 connection.

2. Remove the battery backup from the 3-axis CP5 and connect it to the single additional axis amp CP5 (does the backup battery flow across all the amps somehow?)

3. The single axis amp has two battery connections (cp5x and cp5y) Do I run the original wire connecter from the d-cell box to CP5x on the single axis amp and then chain the two amps together via CP5 on 3 axis amp to CP5y on single axis amp?

Also, its a Kitagawa TBX200 rotary with an air-assisted hydraulic brake and I am converting it to fanuc servo motor. How do I wire the air cylinder electrical into the fanuc control? Does it connect to the relay terminal somehow? the encoder and the servo motor power are spelled out nicely in manuals but the air powered brake of the rotary isn't so obvious.

Thanks
James