I’m rebuilding a VM17 mill and was wondering if anybody knows of any service manuals or procedural manual available. This machine has set most of its life and is in need of a good cleaning and a retrofit of the CNC controls. I’m replacing all the grease lines, complete new wiring, and painting the castings.
I would like to know the proper procedure for removing the X table so I can clean the castings, ball screws, and linear carriage blocks. I know the ball screw carriage block needs cleaned on all 3 axis’s.

I know the balls will fall out of the linear rail carriages and the ball screw carriers, but assume they can be cleaned, serviced, and re-installed with some effort. Can anybody advise me on how to secure a service manual or sources how to achieve these issues. I hate to bother Milltronics about a machine they sold in 1997.

I’ve removed the enclosure and 20 tool ATC as I don’t need these for my planned usage. Many of the original parts will be sold or scrapped unless I find someone who needs them. I want to bring the old girl back to life and will have less invested than my original plan to purchase a PM or Grizzley mill and retrofit. Any help is greatly appreciated.