585,752 active members*
4,105 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Can i run it ? :)

Hi guys

Im seeking some electrical info here,

Im currently running my cnc with Longs Steppers 3amp , with JVL SMD41A3 Drivers that max out 3 amp..

I have some Vexta steppers " nema34 " that are 6amp rated ,, and was wondering if i can drive them with my drivers ? Im currently upgrading my cnc with 2010 ballscrews from THK and my work is everything from wood to steel...
    plastic and wood i usually mill at the moment at 3600 mm/m with doc ranging from 0.5-2.5mm with my current 1605 ballscrews.. so thoughts are that im hoping i get the same with the vexta with 2010...
    Alu and steel i run much slower , usually on 1200 mm/m and only with 0.8mm doc

I use this psu that is 76vdc with 13A

https://www.ebay.com/itm/76Vdc-13A-p...IAAOSw1ZBUx97b

Can i run it , or will i loose to much torque ?

Thx for all reply in advance Love this forum...

Re: Can i run it ? :)

You should get 6 amp drivers to run 6 amp steppers. But check the inductance on those motors, because they might not run as well at high speeds as the ones you've got. Why are you changing the motors anyway, if what you've got now works and all you're hoping for are the same results?
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: Can i run it ? :)

Its more of a theoratical question at the moment

Reason i ask is more to ensure the future.. like can i run it in case of my longs steppers stop working... Right now everything works well and will continue with the longs steppers... but if i cannot run the vexta then i can just as well sell them so that they dont just lay in a cabinet and collect dust..