586,009 active members*
4,775 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

my first Intarsia

Well I finaly did it, my fist intarsia, its just a simple one but its a start. First i had to cut out the pieces with a scroll saw, dont think my cnc is ridged enough to cut it out and plus I dont have the right bit for that. The wood was 1.5 " thick and I didnt have the right blade in the saw to cut it out so theres a few gaps but this was a test to see if the cnc machine would shape it the way I wanted it too, have to say the weakest part of this piece was my scroll saw cutting lol. The cnc shaped it almost perfect.my machine is a sosylva and used pattern wizard to creat the pattern , silo to model the part and cut3d to generate the gcode the mach3 to read and run the machine.Any questions go ahead and ask and ill try too answer. Thanks Graham
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails orcas.jpg  

Looks great!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you todd. The first ones are always the hardest to do, im working on some better ones. Graham

Excellent!

Post some pics :idea:

Heres another , soon there will be a few more to show. Graham
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flower intarsia.jpg  

I saw that on Carve3Ds web-site and thought it looked kinda lame. But the contrast of colors looks killer. Good job. Keep it up:cheers:

well here's a new intarsia I did, it's an otter if you cant tell. I still need a little work on my modeling but getting there, only took me like 2 weeks to do this one lol.I will probably do about 10 before going into production. Graham
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails otter intarsia3.jpg  

wondering if any one could tell me how to use image shack to load pictures on here, have some more intarsia to show. Graham

well haven't figured out image shack yet so ill just post them right here for now. tell me what you think. Graham
    sorry their a bit blurry, had to use a cell, our dig camera was stolen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo0020.jpg   Photo0021.jpg   Photo0023.jpg   Photo0032.jpg